Which way do you favor - reading trading books or ipad/kindle?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by mizhael, Jun 30, 2011.

1. zdreg

zdreg

'For restricted countries, kindles circumvent the american books barrier."

how does the kindle circumvent the american books barrier?

#11     Jul 1, 2011
  2. BSAM

BSAM

I don't read trading books. They are detrimental to trading.

#12     Jul 1, 2011
  3. Lot of countries don't carry english books, or in wide selection, thats the circumvention. Pretty simple

#13     Jul 1, 2011

4. My mistake - thought it was just about books in general.

Trading books? right-click/sendto/recycle bin

#14     Jul 1, 2011
  5. theres a difference between books written by traders and books written by gurus. One is a gift from god, the other is a colouring book.

know the difference.

#15     Jul 1, 2011

6. how you getting your hands on these old fashioned books in thailand?
    they have inside the money?alchemy of finance? the old classics (that still work to the T today)?

I'm no amazon stock pumper, but their device is a revolutionary.

#16     Jul 1, 2011

7. I did it the old-fashioned way too - what I couldn't find there I ordered shipped from Amaz.

You make a good point about the weight when traveling - for example, my all time fav textbook weighs a ton, if I throw in some others it makes it impossible to travel with .....

So I've decided to do the right thing and use both - keep the books in ONE location, i.e. at HOME and travel light with the Kindle or whatever its called.

Thanks for the tip, Cooolweb :)

#17     Jul 1, 2011
  8. KDASFTG

KDASFTG

Greetings,

Every time I look at a book on my shelf, I'm always reminded of the story that the book told, and the lessons I learned therein. Some lessons were memorable, some highly forgettable, but all added to the richness of my trading experience. However, over the years I have also noticed a strange and wonderful phenomenon now also takes place when ever I luxuriate over my bookcases and shelves.

Its as if each book, once it comes into view, speaks its story in a flash within my mind. What is remarkable is that, I have noticed that if I look at different books in a random order, the stories each has to tell spark a synergy of sorts within my mind.

For example, the book on Price Action flashes its story. Then the book on The Taylor Trading Technique flashes its story. Then the mental fireworks begin, and the amazing symbiosis between the two methods begins to fire synaptic connections in my mind. The end result is that I'm now thinking about something new in the market that hasn't been readily apparent to me until now. And, with the hundreds of books that I have, the combinations and permutations of book stories is virtually endless.

For me, it's the effect that a book has on my tactile senses while reading, along with its ever-present visual cue on the shelf that has enriched my trading experience. I have had some very valuable and profitable experiences from, and with my books. Even though moving, care, and upkeep is a pain, the ideas I've generated have more than paid the price, at the very least one hundred fold.

I also keep a storehouse of ebooks in a special folder as well. But somehow the effect isn't the same when they appear on my screen. Power requirements tend to limit the experience.

Just my opinion

KDASFTG

#18     Jul 1, 2011
  9. If in Thailand and you do not want to order from Amazon (works perfectly mind), Kinokuniya Bookstore has a couple of hundred trading titles. For an oldie, https://bookweb.kinokuniya.co.jp/guest/cgi-bin/bookseaohb.cgi?ISBN=0471445495&AREA=07&LANG=E

I have a soft spot for books and I will always prefer them to anything electronic. That said, I can see the advantages of the Kindle when one is travelling.

#19     Jul 1, 2011
  10. LEAPup

LEAPup

The main reason I like books is the fact that in the digital age, if someone (or a government) doesn't like what was typed out, I feel that it would be easier for them to make it "disappear" vs. books.

Hitler was into burning books, but wonder how many he missed? If books were mostly electronic (and if the net had existed) back in the 40's, I'm sure he would have had a much easier time making the materials go away...

Don't get me wrong. I REALLY like reading on the Kindle in bed, but with books from hundreds of years ago, it's hard to get those to just disappear. Michelle Obama said, "we need to erase history." I think her and odumba would LOVE to do that if they could.

#20     Jul 1, 2011