which virus software to us?

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by joeyata1, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Just use the computer with one of the Linux live CD (Ubuntu is very good) when you want to browse. Rest of the time don't use anything at all because it slows down your computer. (in other words: don't browse while trading)

Or use an old computer.

Have a hardware firewall (with SIF) like the Netgear FR114P between yourself and the "rest of the world".

Don't surf to questionable websites

every now and then use the free antivirus to make sure there is nothing questionable on your machine.

Maria

#11     Mar 3, 2006
  2. how can the hard copy at $60 be equal to the online at $120 for the 3 computer user for mcafee? there msut be a catch. in order to get continous coverage and updates every time i reload in another computer i must sign in and it checks my account. i can dowload on tons of computers but if i don't register each computer it won't update the software

#12     Mar 3, 2006
  3. tomcole

tomcole

A good site for reading about AVs, firewalls and anything to do with PCs is dslreports.com

Click the tab marked 'Security' on the left hand side

#13     Mar 4, 2006
  4. neutrade

neutrade

No has one mentioned Eset's NOD32 yet, after trying many of the others, this is the best I've used.

#14     Mar 4, 2006
  5. inCom

inCom

6. Nod32 is awesome. I run it on 20 workstations, a Win2K server and Win2K3 server at work and I must say it is the best I have seen. They were running zonealarm which was slowing things down tremendously. I hate AV with features. I dont want internet blocking or popup blocking or other random things to loosely relate to AV. If you want an AV scanner that runs fast and you will never notice use Nod32. If you want to bog your system and have resources eaten up like a fat kid eats cake then use ZoneAlarm or Norton which could be the worst piece of software item ever conceived.

-Jamaal

#16     Mar 4, 2006
  7. volente_00

volente_00

All I do is log in my account under all 3 computers and it updates each one everytime. But all 3 have the same ip address because they all go through the same router at my house.

#17     Mar 4, 2006