Which users' posts have benefited you the most?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by rin4et, Oct 23, 2017.

1. @globalarbtrader
    Why? Because of the results he posted in his journal of his automated system. That made me decide to run a similar system, which has been very beneficial for me. Along the way he answered many questions.

#31     Oct 23, 2017
    sle, smileypete and ironchef like this.
  2. vanzandt

vanzandt

For the life of me lol, I never figured out how to cite someones name so that its in red with the little "@" sign in front of it. How do you guys do that?

Anyway...there's a bunch.
    It depends on what you're here for I guess.
    Experts in every aspect of trading abound.

As Xela said, it is a delicate question... its like getting a Grammy and forgetting to thank your 4rth grade music teacher.

A better question might be.... "has your time here at ET made you a better trader?".
    My answer to that is definitely yes. And thats a product of a myriad of posters and personalities here.

But just so they don't go unloved and I haven't seen them mentioned....
    JackRabbit
    Newurldman
    EGannonomus
    JesseJames
    and of course Baron....cause he made it all happen and he keeps free speech alive.

#32     Oct 23, 2017
    Nobert, birdman, Cswim63 and 3 others like this.
  3. He ran back into the woods to lick his wounds!

Don't waste your time.

#33     Oct 23, 2017
    Xela and rin4et like this.
  4. #34     Oct 23, 2017
  5. speedo

speedo

He got real pissed that surf kept coming back from banishment.

#35     Oct 23, 2017
  6. Start typing the @ sign and follow with the name of the user (no space between @ and the name!). You will even get a suggestion box while you are typing. @Baron made a fancy forum. Have fun @vanzandt

#36     Oct 24, 2017
    vanzandt likes this.
  7. I did that yesterday and it came out black. Today it's red. Can't figure out what I did differently.
    @HobbyTrading

#37     Oct 24, 2017
  8. My only guess would be that it stays black if it can't identify the user name, e.g. @Learner2009

#38     Oct 24, 2017
  9. Here's what I posted (that came out black) yesterday on page 1. Oh well, just one of those mysteries of the universe, I guess!!
    @Redneck
    @Xela
    @NoDoji

Ah, I see now. My keyboard must have been in Japanese mode. I should have noticed that the @ was slightly larger.
    @Redneck
    @Redneck

@HobbyTrading Thank you

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
    #39     Oct 24, 2017
  10. 不便。

#40     Oct 24, 2017