Which users' posts have benefited you the most?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by rin4et, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Xela

Xela

I should add a couple to my little list above ...
    @tommcginnis
    @comagnum ...
    now that other people's choices have reminded me to include them.

Delicate thread, this: one hopes one's memory lapses won't offend too many people by omission! o_O

#11     Oct 23, 2017
  2. lovethetrade

lovethetrade Guest

You have an interesting perception of yourself Xela. I doubt anyone not on your list would be offended in the slightest.

#12     Oct 23, 2017
    Xela likes this.
  3. ajacobson

ajacobson

#13     Oct 23, 2017
    nbbo likes this.
  4. Xela

Xela

That's fine, then ... it's not really about my perception of myself: more about my lack of insight into both myself and others' perceptions in general (I have Asperger's syndrome and can relatively easily offend people without it ever occurring to me that I might be doing so, so I'm far from a "natural" when it comes to posting in a forum! :confused: ).

#14     Oct 23, 2017
  5. I've also liked some of the new folks who come in with questions. Like one yesterday about why open and close are important in candles. I've looked at the market in a way that downplayed the importance of the opening trades (and focused on the closing), but it's not something I'd ever really given the consideration to why I looked at it that way. Considering what the open did to the candle (gave a point relative to last close for gaps, and showed direction within the candle) led down a pretty interesting road of discovering why I thought what I just took for granted.

#15     Oct 23, 2017
    Nobert, tommcginnis and Xela like this.
  6. themickey

themickey

There are no particular members on ET whom have given me any trading benefits that I can think of.
    There are a large number of posters whom I admire and respect and atm follow 104 posters on ET.
    Personally I feel like a midget regarding 'professional trading knowledge', I am a true retail trader, trading via the seat of my pants purely by experience but have read scores of trading books which gave me some depth of insight into this world.
    My one true hero for me and whom I deeply admire was my Amibroker mentor kaveman (not on ET) who introduced me to AB and coding.
    My method of trading is such that it doesn't really relate to what other posters use in their methods, for me ET is a source of just being in the company of people who chatter about my biggest love which is trading obviously plus the humor side of things and the psychology aspect and life in general chatter.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
    #16     Oct 23, 2017
    Nobert and Zodiac4u like this.

• I agree. And his last ET handle was: @destriero
    • His posts in the Option forum were very good - I think he is gone for good now.

#17     Oct 23, 2017
  7. 777

Fabulous Question!

@lescor
    @Dustin
    @Xela

Lescor and Dustin have made serrious money trading US stocks for many years. Xela wins trading FOREX and is wise beyond her years.

(A new poster named @Truth_ recantly showed up with 49 interesting posts. Will continue to read)

Since no one has mentioned @Dustin, I expect some will consider him a hidden gem.

#18     Oct 23, 2017
  8. themickey

themickey

There are some very very smart cookies on this board. Often subtly quiet and unassuming.

#19     Oct 23, 2017
    BONECRUSHER likes this.

#20     Oct 23, 2017