Which US bank will experience panic first?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by a529612, Sep 17, 2007.

1. I already spoke about this in another thread, my mom had some money in one of their banks. She got her money out, but barely. Most were not able to. This was days before the Fed stepped in to save CFC.

She also found out, along with other clients that FDIC isn't worth a d*mn thing. You won't see your money back for years, if ever.

#31     Sep 17, 2007
  2. Today I found out that a credit union I had some money with in Colorado (5 years ago) blew up and was taken over by feds. They wrote a bunch of bad mortgages and it came back on them. My friend is married to the CFO...

:D

Norlarco Credit Union

#33     Sep 17, 2007
  3. i have my money in huge banks like bac and wachovia and suntrust. if the have problems then everything is worthless. fdic will pay all period no matter how much they ahve to print

#34     Sep 17, 2007
  4. I would love to see some actual verifiable documentation on this.

#35     Sep 17, 2007
  5. OK, now that E*Trade just warned and started unloading pieces of the firm, I am beginning to worry about Schwab.

They started doing mortgages a few years ago. I think their bank is separate from the brokerage, but still.

#36     Sep 17, 2007
  6. etrade and schwab not real banks .... idiots

#37     Sep 18, 2007
  7. mekas

mekas

Eventually things stabilized and Countrywide Bank didn't fail. As far as I know no depositors lost any money. The bank is still operating normally:
    Countrywide Bank Website
    Here's the FDIC list of bank failures: Bank Failures
    Customers of failed banks who have insured accounts usually get their funds back relatively quickly up to the limit of the insurance coverage. Customers with balances in their accounts exceeding the FDIC coverage limit could have to wait years for assets of the bank to be sold to get any of their uninsured funds back and in some cases haven't been completely reimbursed for the uninsured funds as the failed bank's remaining assets weren't sufficient to cover them.

#38     Sep 18, 2007
  8. never heard of NCUA, have you?

#39     Sep 18, 2007
  9. I keep my money in sperm banks which are very protected.

#40     Sep 18, 2007