Which US bank will experience panic first?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by a529612, Sep 17, 2007.

1. GaryN

GaryN

I still have a case of pork and beans I bought at the onset of Desert Storm.

#21     Sep 17, 2007
  2. thats an issue... we might have botulism outbreaks from all those 10 yr old cans being put to use.

stock up on your botulism antibiotics.

#22     Sep 17, 2007
  3. none

its a stupid question from someone whos been reading too many bearish articles

#23     Sep 17, 2007
  4. If you have less than 100k, who gives a fuck. FDIC is better than your mom

#24     Sep 17, 2007
  5. mekas

mekas

#25     Sep 17, 2007
  6. mekas

mekas

Is your credit union a participant in the NCUSIF?
    "The National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) is the federal agency that charters and supervises federal credit unions and insures savings in federal and most state-chartered credit unions across the country through the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF), a federal fund backed by the full faith and credit of the United States government."
    NCUA Website

#26     Sep 17, 2007
  7. donnap

donnap

:D :D :D Funny stuff.

My Y2K cans of corn have fermented. I'll be rich! - er, richer - yeah, that's right.

#27     Sep 17, 2007
  8. for the record,FDIC is not a 100% guarantee by any stretch.

most of FDIC`s money comes from other banks....when fdic rescues weak banks by charging heathier ones higher premiums.if banks collapse in great enough numbers....fdic will be unable to rescue them all.

#28     Sep 17, 2007
  9. The FDIC is as guaranteed as most people think the Federal Reserve is 'federal.'

The FDIC has 8 years to get you your money back in the event of a bank run.

You don't think the 8 years is PLENTY of time for The Fed to print you some worthless greenbacks in the event of a bankrun?

#29     Sep 17, 2007
  10. Exactly,lol........or they`ll convince us that we`re lucky to even recieve .25cents on the debased/devalued almighty US dollar.

something smells rotten in denamark, er i mean usa......catastrophic event of `07 right around the corner.

#30     Sep 17, 2007