which trading software is this? free, black background, connectable to IB

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by razortrade, May 26, 2009.

1. Two three years ago I was using a charting software, I want to use it again but I can't recall the name of it.

Anyone out there who can help?

What I remember abut it is:

- free or trialware don't remember (think you could choose to donate/pay),
    - black stock chart background (think most of the application background was black)
    - it was connectable to Interactive Brokers so you could use this program to put orders in IB

I think the software was developed by some enthusiast (not company) but not sure about this either.

Unfortunately I don't remember too much more but I know it was great and was appreciated among others. I was always thinking how this great software could be so cheap (=free).

Anyone out there who can help?

2. mark1

mark1 Guest

sounds like quotetracker

3. might have been ibcharts

4. nkhoi

nkhoi

answer: What is more efficient than wolframalpha :D

5. @razortade,

I think @atticus has it (IBCharts, that is). I use IB as a broker for CoolTrade, so I downloaded it and was impressed. The GUI has a ways to go to be intuitive, but it has all the things I'd need to develop a strategy for an autotrader.

Given that people don't go to IB for the friendly service, I find it interesting that a tool for their brokerage would seem to follow their theme.

It is also a little rough around the edges when trying to connect to IB, not realizing that there is already a session open.

Can't beat the price, though!

pat
    :)

6. Amangod

Amangod

You don't trade nkhoi, why are you even here if you are not a trader?