Which trading s/w provides the most realistic simulator?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by nrixy, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Try Open E Cry. They do have a demo account which is realistic enough and if you have free time to trade during RTH their sim wuld be a good start. Aslo, in the demo they will hook you up with charts. All for free. I used their demo a while ago and it was educational.

#11     Jul 19, 2008
  2. 2ticks

2ticks

Wierd, but the PFGProTrader platform has the features you want, including trading off a chart, and is now free. If you are nice to them they will extend the 30 day demo without fee.
    http://pfgpro.com/home.html

If you decide to open live account, you can negotiate very competitive commissions though a PFG-IB instead of opening directly.

#12     Jul 19, 2008
  3. Does the OP want to backtest a strategy in historic simulation, or want to place live-trades manually into a sim-account?

For the former Neoticker is a very good choice, for the latter Ninjatrader (Neo is really bad for manual order placement).

#13     Jul 19, 2008
  4. nrixy

nrixy

Hi Pippi436,

I'm looking to place 'live' trades manually in a simulator and really want the most realistic fills given the the order book in the live market at the time i place my limit, stop or market order.

I seem to remember in a thread (can't remember which one now) that someone said that broker sims are too optimistic in the fills they give you....i think they meant in the real world you'd never be filled at that price because too little volume transcated at that price

The point being here that when I move to live from sim there are no (or at least as little difference as possible) in the fills i get when i place my trade in the live market - hope that makes sense

[I'm not looking to backtest a strategy etc.]

So i think from your post you are suggesting Ninja Trader....

Thanks.

#14     Jul 20, 2008
  5. Shel M.

Shel M.

Hi All,

I often switch from simulation mode to real trading with ButtonTrader and can detect no difference in the fills. Limit orders seem to take forever to get filled whether it's real time or sim. My stop limit entries sometimes get run through in sim mode just as in real trading. BTW using IB for broker and Ensign for charting everything works just fine together.

#15     Jul 20, 2008
  6. AMP_Futures

AMP_Futures ET Sponsor

AMP Trading is the premier Ninja Trader brokerage firm. We are pleased to offer the Ninja Trader platform powered by Zen-Fire, Trading Technologies and Ninja FX. Our support team is fully Ninja trained and eager to support you reach your trading goals. Call us today toll free 800-560-1640 / Int’l 001* 312-893-6400 and ask for “Mirek” for your “EliteTrader Special Rate” or register at http://www.ampfutures.com/EliteTrader.html

#16     Jul 29, 2008
  7. nrixy

nrixy

So i got my email alert that someone had contributed to the thread I started.

I logged on looking forward to some useful insight and comparison of trading s/w and the relative pros and cons as to which trading s/w provided the most realistic environment of sim versus live as described in this thread.....

Instead i read this useless, irrelevant (to this thread) cut and pasted spam that i've read in some many threads recently..

To be honest if you had just farted in the general direction of this trading forum and thread you would have made more of a contribution.....

#17     Aug 2, 2008
  8. nrixy

nrixy

amitman,

are you now live?

hope it's going well for you. Wondered whether you'd noticed much difference between live and sim with NT? I'd be interested to know as i have started to trial NT.

thanks.

N

#18     Aug 5, 2008