Which Trading Platform for E-minis

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by doragio, Mar 26, 2008.

1. With respect to ET sponsors, I have used PFG for years, along with QuoteTracker and IB for data. I scalp, so I have no idea what kind of platform you would need if you do not scalp. Their DOM is adequate, their RT commission is $4.10 and their trading desk is fast. Perhaps I am ignorant about other choices, because I am content with what I have now, but I have tried multiple platforms and brokers over time, only to return to IB for data and PFG for trading. With all of my analytical quirks, I like to boil trading down to simplicity. It works for me. I now trade on a laptop.

Note: Do not trade through IB, their customer service to newbies is horrendous!

#31     Sep 3, 2008
  2. Use TT and OpenEcry OEC...

OEC is the Cat's meow for now.

#32     Sep 14, 2008
  3. Broker with the lowest e-mini commission ?

#33     Sep 14, 2008
  4. Most of the small to medium sized scalpers her perfer NinjaTrader.

It really is all a matter of:

a) how many markets you are trading, and

b) how many contracts you trade per turn, and

c) how many turns you trade per market

GT also mentioned PFG Best (I actually started out with them), but I currently use NT, and may eventually go to X-Trader, who knows, but this works for now.

#34     Sep 14, 2008
  5. kelvchia

kelvchia

ive tried various vendor systems and found out that it really depends what works for you, and how you trade.

i need good quality data in charts and find cqg real value for money considering that cqg collects data from exchanges directly.

you will find many decent order routing systems but most lack in charting quality and feature.

i also like how my orders are shown in the charts while trading from the ladder.

i dont use many indicators but i heard demark has done a lot of work on cqg than any other systems. there are quite a few demark followers here in my region and they use cqg.

hope you find one that suits your trading style!
    if you're on cqg, we can always discuss more on creating formulas!

#35     Jul 4, 2012