Which Trading Platform for E-minis

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by doragio, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Rick,

There is no platform fee and data fee is included in the comm rate. I pay around 4.75 per RT.

I paid a one time lifetime fee of 1200 for Ninja.

Hope it helps.

Susana

#11     Mar 27, 2008
  2. Syprik

Syprik

Even though I'm an investor and swing trader by nature, often intra-day trade 5-20 lots for handles on the ES with Multicharts 3.x beta and IB. Never an issue. Multicharts is fantastic and prefer it's setup/layout over Ninja. Both are excellent, however, both can be demo'd.

IB has $4.8 r/t per contract.

$2.25k margin with $1.8k maintenance per contract. Fine by me, maybe not for those under capitalized. $500 intra-day margin can be had elsewhere, as mentioned above, but that is crazy dangerous leverage lol.

Zenfire good alternative to IB if you don't need all the bloat offered by IB.

#12     Mar 27, 2008
  3. YES

#13     Mar 27, 2008
  4. doragio

doragio

Inverted,

Quick question. What is the deal with Xtrader on various brokerages? I notice that the platform fee on different brokers vary with each other, so is there a set deal or is the fee negotiable with each broker?

Also, this gets me because I've traded other instruments and not futures indices, but how is that the commissions vary with different platforms? My thinking is the fee is set by the exchange and yet, you get a different rate if you buy a different platform?

Thanks,

#14     Mar 27, 2008
  5. The Op wanted to know what is the best setup fr eminis so he prob doesnt need all the bells and whistles of TT or the cost

#15     Mar 27, 2008
  6. no idea I trade for an FCM and we may have different deals I pay very little for futures commissions and since we have so many people using TT, CQG, etc...
    I think check out Velocity Futures they are one of the sponsors of this site. Their link is on the top of this page! Looks like $5.75 per turn without a TT subscription that isn't too bad add another dollar for clearing to the merc and that is ok.

#16     Mar 27, 2008
  7. No, T4 is offered by many dozens of brokerages. It's made by CTS and sometimes called CTS for that reason.

#17     Mar 28, 2008
  8. ssss

ssss

BY www.ampfutures.com offered real time demo for 3 good platforms

OEC- globalamp
    Direct -CTS t4
    At -AT

Your respectfully

#18     Mar 28, 2008
  9. Hi,
    I trade ES and Eurostoxx on IB using zeroline trader and quotetracker as my order ladder and graphing.

Excellent setup, QT may be a bit basic for some who like complex TA but its perfect for me (price action only directional plays).

Fast quotes and execution and almost zero downtime for me in 9 months. Good comms for bulk traders.

It may not be quite as good as Xtrader but its pretty close imo.

Downside is IB customer service is awful- they dont answer your query tickets...

#19     Mar 28, 2008
  10. I see TT spouted all over the place, but never heard of it and don't know what TT stands for?? I'm currently using esignal and want to dump it after 5+ years. It's freezes now on big moves, leaving you hanging, like this morning with the jobs number. Ridiculous! Never used to do that. I feel manipulated by esignal and want out! But, not sure which way to go. People have suggested TT is pricey, so not sure that's a good alternative for me. Next best thing please.

#20     May 2, 2008