Which traders make the most, and how to become one

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by mrclean, Oct 21, 2005.

1. You are definitely right with your post here. Most traders wont become billionaires through trading, but being a good trader can help you accumulate a great deal of money (you obviously have to be very good) to then use for investments or other ventures in hopes of compounding.
    Also, yes you MUST love the markets, the challenge of trading day in and day out for trading to be worth your time. It can be unstable and there are no guanrentees. But those that do what it takes, those who learn to play this game and play it well, will be rewarded greatly. Its really all about what you want out of life. Trading is risk taking and risk taking equates to either great success or great failure (in most cases). Hopefully the success ends up being worth the risk.

#21     Oct 22, 2005
  2. I take you are not in an Ivy school?
    Even Ivy school MBA types need a lot of juice and ass kissing to get on a trading desks. You can do it if you are a computer savvy MBA and don't mind getting coffee a lot of service of you boss. At any rate not too many will do that, plus you learn NO TRADING only how to fill orders mostly.

#22     Oct 22, 2005
  3. gordo

gordo

Think it was a cell #, sounded like he was driving around in the back of a van, so no one got a fix on his location, only wanted bank info....:p

gordo

#23     Oct 22, 2005
  4. gertsman

gertsman

Well boys I don't write very often so better listen up. Na, just kidding, what it probably means is that I need to rumble a little and some of you will actually listen. Hey big bear did you hear a bright guy made top 30 under 30 list. 350k, man thats a lot of money these days. Thank god I declined an interview for that opportunity, I don't know if I could hold my own with those numbers. Anyway back to the post. Which traders make to most? 2 groups here: ones who manage a ton, Billion plus (mostly not there's unless you are cohen) or independent guys running mini desks (prop). not here to argue which one is better but I have my preference. Guys that are smart stay ahead of the game and focus on sectors that are hot and will stay hot. They kick some ass. Hey right now some monkey at merrill's energy desk is making 10 mil. I will tell you that guy is a tool, but hey he went to harvard and worked his way up the street. The prop energy desks are the the cream earners right now. By the way if you want to kill stay out of the way of the west coast boys. I should have listened to my own advice in june, they took me for a nice little ride. the kicker was, I didn't know that chicago ken was involved. Hope you are still long your feb 15 griffin. Well Bill class action is under way and I will be on it. Doing a 100 a day is as hard as I thought it would be. Remember it is their game and they can change the rules. When someone tells you that is a once in a lifetime occurence, they are full of it. Please do not PM me for advice, I am not a broker.
    GG

#24     Oct 22, 2005
  5. Must be Elite Trader's Darren Clifford

#25     Oct 22, 2005
  6. mrclean

mrclean

Well, forget it. I've decided not to become a trader after all.

#26     Oct 24, 2005
  7. mrclean,
    Thats the funniest thing I 've heard all week! :D

#27     Oct 24, 2005