Which time zone would you prefer to trade from?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by rimshaker, Apr 14, 2006.

Which time zone would you prefer to trade from?

1. Eastern

14 vote(s)
    43.8%
  2. Central

5 vote(s)
    15.6%
  3. Mountain

4 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. Pacific

9 vote(s)
    28.1%
  1. Continental US only.

I understand this question could more or less be subjective to personal taste. But if you had the option to just pick up and move this instant, which time zone would you prefer to trade from?

Not sure if I could ever wake up early enough to start trading at 630am PST.

2. BSAM

BSAM

Eastern time, of course. It's "bankers' hours". But, my whole life, I've never understood anyone's desire to live there. Frigid in the northern section; hurricanes in the southern section.

California is the only place to live in the USA. But that's only if you are rather wealthy. If you don't have lots of money, it's not a good place to be. Ironically, in the context of this thread, it's the worst place to live for trading.

So, all things considered and if you're not rich, there's Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, and perhaps Colorado. Y'all can have the rest.

3. I don't know, I kinda like having 4 different seasons throughout the year. And not having to smile at strangers. :)

Yes, I'm a Woody Allen fan.

4. burntem

burntem

i agree with illiquid. Suck it up. manhattans where the opportunities abound

5. I'm used to the Pacific time zone...no traffic to and from work, no crowds...and heck, we're done trading at 1PM.

One of my friends says he really like trading from Bermuda...wakes up at Noon or so, LOL. Hawaii, no way!

Don :)