Which stocks would you hold for 30 years?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by eagle488, Oct 1, 2006.

1. Tide31

Tide31

It will still be trying to break $20

:p

#81     May 11, 2009
  2. Informed

Informed

DNDN should be on the top

#82     May 14, 2009
  3. KO or MO, people will always drink coke and smoke lol

#83     May 15, 2009
  4. that's easy.
    KO
    WMT
    MSFT
    XOM
    F

#84     May 16, 2009
  5. Great thread, I actually posted a question about a strategy where you buy the DIA and short the 30 stocks in the dow believing that stocks in the dow will fail over time.

With that being said, stocks(not companies, its clear that the IPO's of the recent old money partnerships have changed them) that have been around in our grandfathers time(or current subsids) will probably still exist.

So here are my 5

KO
    XOM (will always have their hand in energy)
    YUM
    FDP
    GE

I would still take MDY over these 5 any day

#85     May 16, 2009
  6. and at 20 bill gates grandchildren will still be the imperial rulers of mars by then.

the planet not the candy bars.

#86     May 17, 2009
  7. Canned goods

Ammo, several calibres

plenty of drinking water

playing cards

Can't think of a fifth.

Hey, that's it. A fifth.

#87     May 17, 2009
  8. MSFT
    GE
    KO
    MCD
    JPM

#88     May 31, 2009
  9. kxvid

kxvid

I wonder if people will be looking back at this thread in 30 years. Even if ET isn't around by then, good likelihood it gets cached and stored forever by a web crawler.

I think 99% of people that choose a large cap dominant today would suffer or get wiped out over 30 years. Then again you might do alright if the company paid a fat dividend and you invested the dividend in silver/gold.

Small caps and micro caps are the only way to go for the long run IMO. Most large caps dominant today will be gone or small caps in 30 years. Their only salvation is the dividend as mentioned. A small cap stock today will be a large cap of tomorrow.

Swedish stock Elekta is my pick

#89     May 31, 2009