Which stocks would you hold for 30 years?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by eagle488, Oct 1, 2006.

1. bl7077

bl7077

Ford

#52     Oct 14, 2006
  2. Why do you pick Ford?

#53     Oct 14, 2006
  3. Well, now you finally agree with me that gold is not a safe long-term investment, unless you want to redefine long term from the one used for this thread.

#54     Oct 14, 2006
  4. i'm not saying gold is not a safe long-term investment. i don't know the costs involved with that, and how much inflation would impact the gains after 20 years. my earlier example is how i'd invest in gold - taking profit every twelve months to five years, or depending on how the price is fluctuating.

#55     Oct 15, 2006
  5. Why not just buy index funds, small cap, growth, value, midcap growth value, big cap growth value.

John

#56     Oct 15, 2006
  6. #57     Oct 15, 2006
  7. Wow..who urinated in your cereal this morning Maxi?...And why do you call me names and talk about stalking??.. The title of this topic was "Which stock would you hold for 30 years" and I said I would buy what you touted and hold that for 30 years...I mean, ever since you touted it, it went up hundreds of percent so I am sure over 30 years it must be a good investment..

In all honesty Maxi, you sound like a angry man...you should have felt honored that a stock you touted I picked for my 30 year reply to the question posted here! But instead, you seemed to fly off the handle...like your on the defensive or something...why, I don't know

Hope the rest of your day goes better than your morning did!

Handsome
    ( NOT Jerkoff) :mad:

#58     Oct 15, 2006
  8. Reliance.ns

Not sure if there is an ADR traded in the US. But if i have to buy and hold for 30 years, it is going to be the one.

#59     Oct 15, 2006
  9. Oh, you did? Well... let's do a veracity check. Where, exactly, did you state this?

#60     Oct 15, 2006