Which stocks offer great dividends now.

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by myoffices, Jul 29, 2011.

1. make sure you get at least 6% or else you just finance CEO empire building

#11     Aug 8, 2011
  2. If you check my posts BOZO you will see years of on point and On time Major Trades. If you don't know who I am then read my posts over the years and see who you refer to. Im Nostradamus on this board. If you are a trader you know that you can collect in a major downturn by going into quality while everyone seeks shelter. Or you can be a broke trader who trades everyday or you can go on vacation while the idiots get soaked and when it trades up you lock in your profits. Unlike you I don't have to be out at the end of the day.

Small traders take the position off the table when things get tough big boys get in the game and lead the market when it changes. If you can trade an A quality item you have a great risk vs. reward standpoint.

If you want to step up be prepared to be stepped on.
    If Im in long enough to collect the dividend then you would be right but a 10% move on quality stock in this market is a good move.

Plus If it goes a quarter or two you may even expand your return even further.

See you in a few weeks when things stabilize. - I have a pair of Clown Shoes for you when its over- What Size....:):D

#12     Aug 8, 2011
  3. This is a nice one to watch over the next few days. They are in everything these days. I think my dishwasher has a chip in it. And with more Apple Models coming along with touchscreens as a new frontier it may be a good ride while you wait.

4.2148% I think 10% in the short term from 19.98 with a low of 16.8
    P/E of 9 x earnings- With endless PCs and growing items.

Even with Declines in chips coming with the pending budget shortages I think INTC represents a great opportunity and i think the dividend pays you to wait. Not quite a trade but 10% in the can from 18 to 20 short term and 10% more by next year is a good risk reward in this crazy marketplace.

#13     Aug 10, 2011
  4. If you buy quality then you get quality runs over and over. I think INTC combined with Windows 8 which will need higher processors will make INTC a winner again.

#14     Mar 2, 2012
  5. I was once invested in NAT at $38, and watched it climb to $55 before selling out when it went from $40 to $44.

Unless you expect the tanker market to improve, it will be a bad play because my dividend was once at a 10% yield at $45 on NAT, and the yield now is artificially high, so stay away. I knew a broker with TK in July 2005, and I'm sure that's down since then.

None of those companies are profitable, so they shouldn't be able to afford any dividend. Their boards are naive because if there's no earnings then there shouldn't be a dividend in the first place.

#15     Mar 3, 2012