Which Stock Do You Feel Will Rise

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Handsome, Mar 29, 2007.

1. All of you have come up with a good number of stocks.

Thanks to all of you!

#11     Mar 31, 2007
  2. avoid XNL and PEIX!

#12     Mar 31, 2007
  3. G-Boa

G-Boa

What the hell are the US govt oil reserves for?? To try keep the brakes on the price of oil going to 100??

Well, what are they really for??

#13     Mar 31, 2007
  4. There are no oil reserves. Someone's playin Schumer. Gas goes up, Schumer goes on tv and sez, "We should release the oil reserves." He's been saying that for years.

#14     Mar 31, 2007
  5. G-Boa

G-Boa

Okay...........with $100 oil, why not just tell the big producers to eff off and we pump it out our own ground??

Or......does anyone know at what price that becomes feasible??

#15     Mar 31, 2007
  6. Oil is gonna go so high within the next 6 months that it is gonna, it is gonna....

SHOCK & AWE Americans.

#16     Apr 1, 2007
  7. dhpar

dhpar

If I was really sure oil goes to $100 I would max my margin on CL....:cool:

If you can trade only stocks then I agree with <b>michaelscott</b>, i.e. that the best way to play it is via small cap (if you have the guts).

In particular pick a company whose survival depends on good cash flow in the next 1-2 years and has a potential for sizeable expansion of reserves, i.e. exploration active. It helps if the company operates in geopolitically safe part of the world and has oil as sweet as possible (e.g. North Sea is better than Egypt).
    there are quite a few of them - I do not want to be too explicit. :)

#17     Apr 1, 2007
  8. ***COG***

Should pay off nicely!

#18     Apr 1, 2007
  9. Careful of that line of thinking in the case of a blow-off top/exhaustion/market decline. Stellar earnings won't matter and will be ignored much to your dismay.

I understand this quite well from personal experience.

I think we all know this but the trick is to remember and not convince ourselves that "this time it's different."

#19     Apr 1, 2007
  10. buylo

buylo

STO has been a real DOG as compared to the rise of oil.

#20     Apr 4, 2007