Which software works? which is a scam? seems to good to be true!!!

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by mortamer, Aug 13, 2003.

1. bro59

bro59

A family member purchased the WizeTrade software, only informing me after the fact and asking my opinion of said software. Based exclusively on the nature of the software, and no first-hand experience with it of my own, I advised he return it immediately for a refund. Apparently the company was more ethical in honoring their refunds than in advertising their product and he easily repatriated his cash.

Buying one of these systems is generally a very poor bet, and I advise you to view all vendors within the trading industry from a skeptical perspective initially and only part with your cash once some serious research has been applied to the product. A money-back guarantee never hurts either.

Here is a link which I found interesting. Read it over for background, as I'll spare you my interpretation:
    http://www.originalturtles.org/scams.htm

#11     Aug 17, 2003
  2. wizedup

wizedup

Thanks all for the replies. I was also considering buying WizeTrade. I have been in the markets for about 5 years now, but, I still don't know what I am doing. (The only money I made till now is investing in the company I work for) I almost gave the guy my credit card number, but, I don't know what held me back. I think divine intervention. I started doing some research and found this site. It is great to know it is all bogus.

#12     Aug 31, 2003
  3. Hi,

In the folklore of "Wall Street" there used to be a saying like:

"Something that's known to everybody ain't worth anything".

Software for sale to "everybody", even when humming on 3+GigaHertz boxes, might still fall under this "Wall Street wisecrack". In some cases it even might help you go broke faster.

nononsense

#13     Aug 31, 2003
  4. WizeTrade? I use it. It took a while to get it right, but now I (and most of my trainees) do. I can say that it took a real concerted effort to help some of the other individuals bring their success rates with the product into line with their expectations. Actual hands-on training with most of these products is very inadequate, IMHO. And yes, there are a great many of these types of programs afoot.

Make sure that if you do decide to proceed down those paths of purchase, that you connect yourself with someone who has ACTUALLY been there and done that. Hopefully prior to your purchase. Find yourself a real user that IS having success and inquire about what the unseen hurdles were. Hope this helps! :)

#14     Aug 31, 2003
  5. Any trading program should be considered a tool and nothing more. No program can make successful decisions. At best, they can provide and condense and filter data to include in your HUMAN decisions.

Perhaps the closest thing to a program that can make consistently good "decisions" are some of the very best chess programs (as has been proven). Yet they are designed to play one individual at a time using very specific rules. The "rules" of the markets change in real time. A chess program can "look ahead" but a trading program cannot. They can only look back. And the market certainly is not a one on one format like a game of chess.

Owning a hammer and a screwdriver doesn't do a thing for you if you don't know how to use them. And if you do become proficient with your tools, it is because you know which to use for which chores. They make things easier, but they still require skill to use efficiently and help provide the results you want. But they can only help. They cannot provide any results at all without you deciding what to do with them.

If there was truly software that could make successful trading decisions for us, we would:
    A) Not have access to it until it became obsolete.
    B) See all the money in the world end up in one place (hasn't happened, so this proves to me it doesn't exist).

Peace,
    :)RS

#15     Aug 31, 2003
  6. brokerj

brokerj

This is the sixth time I have run across the Wize trade thing in the last month or so.

I am a retired stock broker. Over the 30 years I was in that realm of the business, I think I saw just about every hoax, scam, "secret strategy", magic method, and other rip-off schemes that a person could conceive. They still keep popping up out of dark holes it seems.

I will tell you right now, I know nothing of the Wize trade other than it is a software program that is focused on the stock markets. At least that is what I have been led to believe.

Unlike some, I cannot judge out of hand that it is totally bogus, or some great development... and neither can anyone else that is not knowledgeable of what it is all about.

The only person that has posted on this program that has any legitimate say on the subject is a user of the program. He also says it is not all that simple to use and that this is true not only for himself but others. That in it self is pretty telling to me.

As two very close friends have asked me my thoughts on this thing, and now your post shows up, and my own curiosity is driving me up the wall to get to the gist of this, I intend to go find out the cold hard facts and truth of this product.

If you are interested in what I find out, just holler. Just be aware that I have no compunction about blowing this thing out of the water if it is a bogus deal, nor sharing its merits if I find any!

#16     Aug 31, 2003
  7. As long as they offer an unconditional money back guarantee, there is no harm to try it out for yourself. You may even learn something this way by experimenting with the software. If you do not find it worth your money then you simply return it. Make sure you pay with a CC, and not with a check. That's the only way to be safe. If they do not accept CCs, steer away from them.

#17     Aug 31, 2003
  8. $3,995... Enough said.

#18     Sep 8, 2003
  9. If anyone wants WT, PM me...I will part with it for much less than $3,995 :D

-FastTrader

#19     Sep 8, 2003