Which software to use with Interactive Brokers for charts?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by affan, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Daal

Daal

I want to see the new IB platform they said they will make avaliable, I sure hope its not java based

#11     Jun 20, 2008
  2. just21

just21

The new IB platform with charts, www.futuretrade.com is meant to be out by the end of the quarter.

#12     Jun 20, 2008
  3. At last someone who paints the real picture of QT. Their are many annoying features of QT. But its free so what do you expect?

#13     Jun 20, 2008
  4. NT is free as well as long as you don't intend to execute live trades from it... :D

#14     Jun 20, 2008
  5. QT

Easy choice

QT is an interesting story business model wise.

By not charging for a 2 day intraday view they built up a big following....and sold out to TD Ameritrade....

I have used Reatick....which have good charts

I have used Ensign....a stellar product....I used them back in 1989 90 with a DBC satellite datafeed.....

These are all good products....

Real Tick , I am particularly fond of because of their role in the development direct access trading....

..........................................................................................

I run two computers and eight screens with Genesis brokerage and QT charts because I simply like their charts....If I liked Ensign or Real Tick better , I would use them....

I also have an IB account.....because of their foreign offerings....and it pays to have more than one broker....Also I am very fond of IB because they made commissions very competitive in retail.....and will do the same in the foreign markets....They are an awesome company......

They all are great products with fantastic people behind the scenes.......

#15     Jun 20, 2008
  6. Want pro level charts for a modest fee?

Ensign. no backtesting/systems design stuff in it however. just pure charting that lets you do anything pretty much. And its fast as hell to change time frames, etc. one click. Instantaneous. none of this drop down menu crap. (although you can do things that way too).

QT and Sierra are good products if you don't need really high end stuff, and just trade a few instruments, but very lacking otherwise. there is a reason they are free or nearly so.

Ensign is $40 per month.

#16     Jun 20, 2008
  7. Hi Affan,

The good news about IB (and TD AMERITRADE and OANDA) is their API let's you chose from a lot of charting and trading software.
    QuoteTrader is a free trading application with charts (>30 studies / indicators) that support trading. Additionally, you can gauge liquidity and single-click trade from its DOM, plus the FX Dealing Box - all data from, and your trades to, TWS.

Let me know if you have any questions or would like a demo,

Brent Threadgill
    trading@quote.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/QuoteTrader

#17     Jun 20, 2008
  8. simsim67

simsim67

check jTWScharts (works on any OS)

#18     Jun 29, 2008
  9. Ensign.

It pisses me off sometimes but for $40 bucks you can't beat it.

All I really need is some TL's, S/R, a little market profile and volume/range charts (depending on product) and I'm good to go, it has all these.

Some negatives - the code is from the 1960's and certain features could be better.

#19     Jun 29, 2008
  10. How far back do you see daily data with Ensign and IB? Can you see daily stock prices from 1987 for example? How about futures continuous contracts?

#20     Jun 30, 2008