Which software to use for backtesting?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by benwm, Feb 14, 2011.

1. My experience with backtesting in these timeframes indicates that the result is noise. Especially nowadays when these timeframes are ruled by HFT robots. I have yet to see a trading system developed on 1 min data that won't go bust after a week's time. Most do immediately. By that I do not imply such systems do not exist but backtesting is unlikely to produce one.

#11     Feb 14, 2011
  2. benwm

benwm

3. That is exactly why I developed my own platform, tested it for a year to make certain that my trading results matched my back-tested results. Using 1-min data files...

:)

#13     Feb 14, 2011
  4. I've found Forex Strategy Builder very useful. It's not only Forex -- put your data in the right csv format and it can test it. It has easy to use GUI for making strategies. And the indicators are C#, it's not too difficult to code your own indicators, or request on their users forum, sometimes somebody will code it for you. Free to download and use, very small app with minimal installation, so it's easy to try out and keep if it's useful; or easy to remove if you don't like it.

#14     Feb 14, 2011
  5. benwm

benwm

#15     Feb 14, 2011
  6. I'm looking to hire a programmer also for my strategy. Any help you can provide in pointing me in the right direction with finding one would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

#16     Jan 13, 2012