Which software providers offer trials?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by deadreader, Sep 26, 2003.

1. Trade Ideas offers a 7 day trial of the service. You have to register a credit card with Paypal to get it, but you can cancel without charge anytime during the 7 days.

they also hand out a free version of an alert window, called Free High/Low Ticker:
    http://www.trade-ideas.com/View.php?O=3_3d_0&WN=FREE+High/Low+Ticker

Other free sections of the site include snapshot reports of technical analysis research:
    http://www.trade-ideas.com/SingleSymbol.php?symbol=DELL&more=1

And scans of all their alerts:
    http://www.trade-ideas.com/SingleAlertType/

I admit I am biased.

#31     Apr 20, 2004
  2. You can try TradeStation for minimal cost:

The first month's subscription fee is prorated. That means that if you subscribe for example on April 29th, and cancel on April 30th, then you only pay for 2 days (about $13 -> $200 / 30 days * 2 days usage).

Notice you don't need to open an account, just subscribe to the software.

I did this, and canceled after less than 24 hours, and didn't get charged at all.

BE AWARE though that canceling can only be done by phone at their working hours.. so don't wait to the last minute, or the month will elapse and you will be charged additional $200 for the next month.

I must say, that after testing TS, I still prefer eSignal :cool:
    But then again I am not a strategy developer.

#32     Apr 20, 2004
  3. we offer a simulator and a 1 month free trial waving the minimum $400 commission. We offer connectivity electronically to CBOT, Chgo Merc, Eurex, and Eurex U.S. In July we will also offer LIFFE. If u are interested please call me toll free 877-872-3303. Bill Zimmerman

#33     Apr 20, 2004
  4. Roxyman

Roxyman

There guys offer a free demo, I've been using the demo software for a few months. They have the best real time simulator, works with esignal. It also has history files, were you can demo the software when ever you want.

On there website, they have a continuing education on using it. right now the RTN is used for stock, and they will soon be introducing an emini version.

Even with the real time live money version, the capital cost is free, you just pay additional commissions for the software per trade. You pay when you use it.

Check it out, if you need help or question, just contact me.

www.magus-trading.com

there is also a link on elitetrader under "free Demo"

The software is approved for use with esignal and Interactive brokers. //www.esignal.com/partners/software/default

#34     Apr 20, 2004
  5. Roxyman

Roxyman

#35     Apr 20, 2004
  6. MarketDelta.com provides free trials and they will give a free demonstration over the internet . They use webex to perform the deomonstration. You need to pay for exchange fees and have a data vendor but if you already have it it will not take long to try the free trial. It is a 14 day free trial but i heard they will extent it you give them some feedback. It is a new kinda chart

#36     Apr 21, 2004
  7. Transact Futures

Transact Futures Transact Futures

#37     Apr 21, 2004
  8. #38     Apr 21, 2004
  9. Serge Pustelnik

Serge Pustelnik Genesis Securities

Genesis Does

#39     Apr 21, 2004