Which software is the best scanning tool?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Nana Trader, Jul 18, 2003.

1. Thanks for the link. We need more vote and links..

#31     Jul 21, 2003
  2. It is not a scanner, it's a trading alart chat room.

Btw, i can,t add more to the voting list, 10 choices
    are the maximum that allowed on ET.

Members can jsu name more scanners for other to
    see only. Thanks

#32     Jul 21, 2003
  3. Why wasn't Neoticker put on the list?

Been toying with the notion of subscribing to it for a couple of weeks now.

Anybody have any thoughts?

#33     Jul 21, 2003
  4. I'm not sure what you are referring to when you say "It is not a scanner, it's a trading alart chat room".

TradeScan is a real-time scanning tool that resides on the trader's desktop and delivers streaming alerts over the internet. A client side application allows the trader's computer to connect directly to the alert servers.

Trader's Paradise does have a chat room, but it is primarily intended for customer interaction and support. In the early days, it was used in place of free trials to call out occassional alerts from the real time display, allowing prospective users to experience the benefits.

#34     Jul 21, 2003
  5. jjordan

jjordan

#35     Jul 22, 2003
  6. #36     Jul 22, 2003
  7. Thanks to those who voted. We need More...

#37     Jul 22, 2003
  8. Anyone heard of TraderBot? They have great filters for daytrading. I tell them to put in scrolling stock charts, then I'll tout them. Tell real-time scanner providers to put in scrolling stock charts. You need it when you want to look at 50 scan results fast.

#38     Jul 22, 2003
  9. ifriend

ifriend

I've used their service for over 3 years. These folks are ethical,responsive and an excellent product. The most important feature within traderbot is that when I create a custom search based on technical criteria including price,volume and moving average is that the results returned are unique to my search criteria. I prefer a clear workable approach to making an investment or daytrading decision. The traderbot tools provide me with this approach. I am a strong believer of technical analysis,with a caveat., a keep it simple approach. Price and volume and moving avergage for me are most important and the one minute moving average on the real time chart that is drawn within traderbot helps to make a decision clearer whether I dance or not for a daytrade. For investments their is an ability to identify issues by price and how close that price is to yearly high or yearly low. I am only a user of the traderbot service,and do not have any ax to grind in making these comments regarding their service.

#39     Jul 23, 2003
  10. I know the Sort Wizard folks and they are good people and I have heard good things about their product. The two limitations I have heard first hand is that:

1. they are not real-time (shortest are updates every minute)
    2. takes a lot of CPU resources

Please verify this from additional sources, but this is what I have been told from their users.

StickMan

#40     Jul 23, 2003