Which RSS windows app?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by ZBZB, Jul 31, 2019.

1. ZBZB

ZBZB

Which RSS windows app do you use and recommend?

2. Zor_Champ

Zor_Champ

ZBZB likes this.
  3. I use RSSOwl too, but I recently switched over to the RSSOwlnix fork of this open source project. RSSOwl is built on an older version of Java and does not support TLS-encrypted sites, so more-and-more RSS sources are incompatible with RSSOwl (for example, Bloomberg recently updated their servers to use TLS). RSSOwlnix remedies this.

I know you said "windows", but Linux users should also be aware that RSSOwl has several known security vulnerabilities.

ZBZB likes this.
  4. ZBZB

ZBZB

I think I am going to stick with www.feedly.com in a browser and use the apps on my phone and ipad.

What are the best RSS feeds? I like the investors business daily and zerhohedge feeds as they are full text. A lot of the financial ones are just headlines but if you google this problem there are sites that will send you the full text with a modified rss link. I don't think this will work with a pay site though.

5. Zor_Champ

Zor_Champ

Interesting, thank you. I wasn't aware the original RSSOwl had issues. most of the feeds still work for me. come to think of it hasn't been updated in a very long time, so that makes sense.

Seems like RSSOwlnix has Windows builds as well.

https://github.com/Xyrio/RSSOwlnix/releases