Which Reuters Product?

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by roctheworld, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Greetings! This is my first post.

I'm wondering which Reuters Product is best for long-tern strategy(24m+) testing of International stocks (north America included) based on weekly price movement, volume and financials? I contacted their sales in the US, who happened to be rather confused... Their EU office is not very knowledgeable either.

I know reuters fundamental data is not on par with bb, capital iq or factset, but it's certainly cheaper and covers many more markets than I can trade. Most importantly, on the whole it's decent enough for me.

And is it true that Reuters doesn't have a cap for daily data download? Just in case I want to export 10gb of data in one day:)

Any ideas guys?

2. just21

just21

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  3. srinir

srinir

I do have Xenith. You can download data to Excel. They also provide many templates or you can build your own sheets with their many functions.

4. Thanks guys, I know reuters' financial data goes back 9 financial years. How about Xenith?

5. Wait a minute, Xenith IS powered by Reuters it seems... Damn they have too many brands

6. just21

just21

Xenith is a Reuters eikon terminal with some limits for about 10% of the price. A few stories cannot be read but you get the headline. Ask metastock what the limits are, do report back.

Look at www.ycharts.com

7. truetype

truetype

Drop by their offices in NYC (or London, or...) for a demo. In person, I've found them gracious and knowledgeable.

No idea how you concluded that. Reuters is blue-chip. (Btw, BBG doesn't offer a research-quality db.)

8. Maybe was just my lucky day to run into their B team:sneaky: They might be better equipped for answering technical questions, however stumbled when I asked them about nitty gritty of fundamental research related features.

9. I got the same feeling about Bloomberg as well, but care to give a few examples?

10. srinir

srinir

What kind of fundamental research related features you are looking for?

#10     Dec 4, 2017