Which Republican Candidate will be best for our economy?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Maverickz, May 5, 2011.

1. gtor514

gtor514

From link...

"What you need to do is--and bear with me here--send your best Wall St. salesmen and diplomats to China and sell them a bill of goods about how they can “modernize” with our help. The Cold War is over. Capitalism reins. You know us Wall St. types! It's all about the dollar! Have the radio scream the President sold out and sign them up to the WTO as you suck Asia into massive overcapacity and a deep, unbreakable reliance on the US and G-8 as customers while paving over the national independence of their life-giving water and farmland. Then, once they've tasted freedom and affluence, once they're unable to support themselves independently, you pull the plug not on them but YOURSELF. Implode your own middle class as above. Kill the bond markets, cause a run on your own currency, and default on the debts you owe them."

I've heard this theory before. It is very compelling and not without precedent. Also, if Wall Street and the banks can be bailed out by the American tax payer, why can't the American tax payer be bailed out by the rest of the world. I can just hear it now, "Sorry, China you made a bad investment buying U.S. debt. and now its worthless because we're defaulting. That's capitalism for you but you wouldn't no anything about that being a bunch communist dinks."

I love it! Capitalism always wins.

#61     May 12, 2011