Which Republican Candidate will be best for our economy?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Maverickz, May 5, 2011.

1. marceck

marceck

What kind of crap is this and why is it on a trader's site? Bullets? Man, you need to watch your mouth.

#41     May 6, 2011
  2. Magic8

Magic8

+1

#42     May 6, 2011
  3. Cain might be good but here's something to consider. With 70% of our GDP coming from consumer spending what do you think is going to happen when you jack sales tax? How do you prevent the internet loopholes?

I like a lot of what Ron Paul has to say but unions are about the only thing from stopping Amerika from becoming an even bigger corprotocracy than it already is.

Life is about balance and Wall St. , excuse me GS is a much bigger problem than some union teacher in WI.

#43     May 6, 2011
  4. While I don't agree with every one of your points it's refreshing on ET to see someone whom can think critically.

#44     May 6, 2011
  5. rew

rew

Mitt Romney -- another empty suit.

#45     May 6, 2011
  6. The last thing you need is a Republican President what more does these guys have to do to show you their failed ideology does not work in this country, Reagan, Bush I & Bush II, .....I'm sorry did I miss something that any of these gentleman did right economically?

#46     May 6, 2011
  7. marceck

marceck

None, since the markets lead economic recovery. You want the markets to be happy, which by the way gives pension funds better returns and enables them to cover their retirees. Not to mention the 401K's of millions of working Americans. Any republican elected will freak out the markets, austerity is by-word for cash out and run. In that sense, the current president is pretty much unbeatable.
    As a rule, the markets want a re-election of incumbents. reagan 84, Clinton 96, Bush 2004: all 3 solid more years of bull markets.

#47     May 6, 2011
  8. rew

rew

You are correct about the Republicans. But what you said applies equally to the Democrats. That is why we are doomed.

#48     May 7, 2011
  9. I agree 100%. For a long time now when people start arguing about the merits of the "right wing" Republicans versus the "left wing" Democrats, my usual response is: "Left wing or right wing....both wings of the same plane and it's flying us straight into the mountain."

I phrased my initial question as which "Republican" candidate will be best for our economy, not because I think there is inherently more merit in any of the candidates just because of the (R) after their name but because we already know Obama is the worst choice for our economy. Since Obama will be the Democrat on next years Presidential ballot, our only hope can come from the Republican side. If we don't get a good economical candidate from them we are doomed. I really don't think we can financially survive another Obama term.

#49     May 7, 2011
  10. Actually Obama has outspent them all, nearly combined. U.S. became a credit based society when it went off the gold standard. No problem on the english, just keep the facts straight.

#50     May 11, 2011