Which real live future trading room I should choose?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Affecto, Aug 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. To explain this to you (the original poster) in detail would require more time and effort than I am willing to expend.

This business is similar to the gaming business. Success is comes from understanding that (for a skilled professional with an edge) each trade offers a "non-guaranteed probable outcome"....which you may not fully benefit from until you have completed a series of trades. Over time a pro with an edge will win more than lose...however he/she will have streaks of both types.....wins and losses....

The other side of this is the relationship of risk to reward. No matter what you do, wins and losses are on the same scale, if you win big, you will AT SOME POINT lose significantly as well.....it cannot be avoided, because you have to risk some, to get some.

This is what the profession is....and the realization of these concepts is part of becoming a professional....Its is the professional trader's version of the "facts of life"....

Interesting isn't it, that no one else on this site has stepped up to say it before. What does that tell you?

Stevesbg

#21     Aug 26, 2009
  2. I actually found them to be pretty knowledgeable and very open with sharing their information.

I in no way, shape or form trade like they do (or did when I saw them), but they did have some valueable information to share with other traders, and I have incorporated "bits-and-pieces" of it into my own trading with very positive results.

Good trading

#22     Aug 26, 2009
  3. JScott

JScott

1. Go learn (internet/books)
    2. Go learn some more (mentor/chatroom/trading room)
    3. Go develop your own game plan
    4. Go trade

I'm not familiar with any of the rooms you listed. I have been a member of only one trading room in my trading career. It was well worth the time/cost and helped get me over the hump.

Someone mentioned that you should be able to filter the crap you'll come across. That's all you need to know, because if your goal is to follow every call in a trading room as your money-making plan, you won't survive long.

Keep trading.

JScott

#23     Aug 26, 2009
  4. well i have to tell you my experience
    I have tried 4 to 5 chat room,s and i think they are all bullshit
    Sometime they make a call while i am looking at it it,s too late
    Or they get out of a trade too fast
    It is very hard to listen to some one make a trade and follow him
    You have to be comfortable to make a trade.
    The best thing i have learned is you cant make money everyday. and the day you make money you can cover all you days when you didn,t make money , and you should take care of you capital ( heavy losses . cutting looser,s soon . not hoping for a come back , averaging down )
    Chat room is good for peopel to share ideas and have something to do when you are not trading or some new comes out etc pass time

#24     Aug 26, 2009
  5. It tells me that you are the only "professional trader" in this site, and that everyone else must be, by default, a "retail trader", a sin almost as bad as being a politician or a serial killer or a red meat eater.

Or at least, that's what you think.

Nice delusion of grandeur. It must feel great to be a giant amongst insects...in your own mind.

#25     Aug 27, 2009

6. Interesting isn't it.

No comment of substance relating to the subject at hand

Just your infantile little ego tantrum

So here's my "remedy" for your problem champ

Two suggestions

First I suggest you ignore my comments from this point forward

Second, I suggest you take your "attitude" and shove it up your ass.

I hope I've made myself perfectly clear.

#26     Aug 27, 2009
  7. Crystal clear. Thank you.
    http://www.mondofacto.com/facts/dictionary?delusion+of+grandeur

delusion of grandeur medical dictionary

A delusion in which one believes himself possessed of great wealth, intellect, importance and/or power, a common feature of schizophrenia.

I must remind you that the Universe revolves around you, not me. And that we are discussing this matter exactly: You, you, you, you, you.

#27     Aug 27, 2009
  8. Westward

Westward

I see no problem with guys bouncing ideas around. Today we don't need a room, we have teamspeak or vent. I'd be up for joining a room with some people to bounce some technical around.

I can't see everything. It would be beneficial to me to have some confirmation of some of my trading ideas before the actual move, just to make sure some others see the same OPPORTUNITY that I do.

#28     Aug 27, 2009
  9. Affecto

Affecto

Please guys can you focus on the subject with me!
    And for everyone else... just share that chat rooms that you tried, their website, what was their winner and looser and what are their trading style/strategy instead of just being vague.
    Otherwise, you won’t be helping us new traders.
    Thanks for sharing again

#29     Aug 30, 2009
  10. Affecto

Affecto

If I am not wrong, then you are talking about Robert Hoffman from www.powercharting.com. He is a pro trading for sure.

I had the same problem with following his trades... there were many posts in ET about his trading style, pros and cons and how he is trading... however his method might work well for some people with huge account and who can trade up to 150 contracts and are fast and sharp in using the trading dome.... I am simply not... and if I have this capabilities... I would re-join him sometimes again!

#30     Aug 30, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.