Which quote ventor provides API?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by emk662, Jun 20, 2003.

1. emk662

emk662

I am developing program trading and needs a quote vendor that can support API to retrieve qutoes. Can you recommend one that is both affordable and reliable?

Thank you.

2. Dont know what you consider affordable, but
    RealTick does this.

peace

axeman

3. I have used RealTick's API. MyTrack (TrackData) also offers an API. I hear eSignal will soon offer an ActiveX control to pull data through their client app.

Of those three, MyTrack is probably the cheapest. I hear they have good data, but I haven't used them and can't vouch for it.

Come to think of it, I think DTN.IQ also offers an API for IQFeed.

4. I've been using the MyTrack API for a couple of years now. I use it only for data, not for brokerage functions. It is mostly reliable and fast, quite cheap, and the API is decent. There's also good peer support in a Yahoo Group.

Let me know if you need more detail or have any other questions.

5. emk662

emk662

What plan do you need to have in order to get the real time quotes thru API?
    Thank you.

6. emk - I assume you are referring to myTrack - any plan will work, but you will need to have the SDK subscription - $25 monthly

7. Esignal 7.4 Beta API is available
    MyTrack
    Realtick
    Interactive Brokers

8. emk662

emk662

J-medved,
    For myTrack SDK, how many calls can I make in the program to get the data? I probably need to make more than 1000 calls in my trading program a day to get the prices.

Regards,

9. what exactly do you mean by "calls"? You can watch something like 300 concurrent symbols. Is that what you mean, or how often you can change the symbols? If the later, than I don't think there is any restriction

10. emk662

emk662

J_MedVed,
    I mean I need to get prices of 1000 stocks at 1:30 PM every day and store in the database. Will the Silver plan+SDK work for this?

Regards,

#10     Jun 23, 2003