Which Prop Firms provide the best mentorships and training?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Antihero1776, Jan 8, 2012.

1. I understand, that's why we have groups of people interested in the same strategy (for example). They share their homework, their software perhaps, their idea of entry and exits (you know, all the "stuff" that is basic to you and I, but perhaps not to everyone, especially new people). Mentor can make another $10k-$20k per year for helping out in some cases.

Don

#41     Jan 16, 2012
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

Wow, someone got a raise. We went from $50 a month to 20k a year. LOL. Don, I swear on you and your brothers life, I'm not trying to give you a hard time. But this is exactly what I am talking about. I have had to deal with this for years and I am extremely open about how slimy this business is. Maybe too open. But when I talk to people in this industry, I just want to get a "straight" answer. I want to know the other person is telling me the truth. As you know, I'm currently in a "process" myself right now of working on a deal. And I get very annoyed when people throw me numbers that don't add up. So when you first say $50 a month then 20k a year. It makes me believe that you are not being completely open about this. Which number is it?

To be fair, you normally are a pretty upfront guy. Most the people in this industry are snakes. Pure charlatans. But Don, as traders, numbers are very important in this business. And I'm a stickler for details. And I want the numbers to add up and I want them to match, to the penny, the pound and the Euro.

#42     Jan 16, 2012
  3. Starting to feel like Romney tonight on the debate, geez, poor guy.

Don

#43     Jan 16, 2012
  4. LEAPup

LEAPup

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was expecting you to post something like the above!:D

#44     Jan 16, 2012
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

That's the burden of being the leader. :)

#45     Jan 16, 2012
  6. VinMan

VinMan

They used to tack on to the commissions then charged a monthly fee. Also, if anyone developed a program or any data it's charged also. My guess is its probably $200 to $500 per month to get mentored after all is said and done. The $ might be going to a few people in the chain such as mentors and developers.

#46     Jan 16, 2012
  7. OK, 15 guys in a group. $100 apiece per month $1500 per month. That's all I'm saying. And they normally "max out" meaning they don't have to pay anything after 6 months or a year, whatever they signed up for.

And, in all fairness to my team leaders who charge nothing for their help, the team concept seems to work. One guy may be good at writing to the API, one guy may be good with Excel and ActiveX, they share stuff. This is what I really like. New traders can choose to stay part of a group or leave...you'd be surprised as to how many choose to continue to be part of one of the teams. Some are part of more than one team.

Don

#47     Jan 16, 2012
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

OK. Fair enough Don. You can get off the stand now. I'm done with my line of questioning. :D :D :D

#48     Jan 16, 2012
  9. I think the max was set around $200. Some traders bought or leased automated programs as well, that may be where you're getting another number.

We've also had traders who've paid $50,000 to outside developers for programs etc. I prefer to see our people not "reinvent the wheel" - pay the programmer something of course.

I seriously thank you for allowing me to point out our various ways of interaction with our people. One of our best traits, IMO.

As Mav said, it is only right to pay something for people's expertise and time.

Don

#49     Jan 16, 2012
  10. LOL, this "leader" is getting pretty tired.

I sure wish we could get together for dinner. Any chance of you coming to Vegas? I'll comp you a room, seriously!

Don

#50     Jan 16, 2012