Which Prop Firms provide the best mentorships and training?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Antihero1776, Jan 8, 2012.

1. VinMan

VinMan

I think the issues arise when mentors imply everyone is making money except you so you end up chasing your tail for months/years trying to figure out what the heck youre doing wrong when the real problem is the strategy has no edge.

If no one is making money then say it. But to try to keep everyone in the game implying all is OK is bad.

I think in many cases people in Don's position are blinded by the mentors. The mentors are also selling themselves to Don (or people in his position).

Mentors should be forced to show their P/L.

#21     Jan 16, 2012
  2. MBC

MBC

If anyone joins a firm or this case pays , everything should be transparent.

Are you implying even so called mentors are not making money at bt.

#22     Jan 16, 2012
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

I look like a little harmless kitten next to edgehunter don't I Don? :)

And you thought I was tough on you. LOL.

#23     Jan 16, 2012
  4. Our various teams, as you probably know, are made up of those who are the leaders...as in those who came to our Retreat (all the way from Amsterdam in one case) to help others. By aggregating this information into a way to teach others, takes a team effort. Does everyone who helps with certain aspects of teaching make big money trading? No. Many of the big money guys are behind the scenes, helping us help others as it were.

Some of the top people prefer to stay behind the scenes, and turn the presentations over to those who are better at it. Not a matter of "those who can, do, those who can't, teach" - more of those who can not wanting to spend time preparing slide shows. We do our best to include both. I have no problem with this, and neither do most of our traders.

Our mentorship programs are team efforts, works better that way. I must say, I do agree that it's tough to listen to one "guru" who simply claims expertise.

I know who is making money, and I know who will allow the sharing of info... and I RESPECT THOSE WHO PREFER TO KEEP THEIR STUFF PRIVATE. Most find that "casting bread upon the water" helps their trading. Help someone, pay it forward, all that kind of thing.

Heck, even when I talk newbies out trading at all, I think I've done them a service. Some just won't make it, no matter what.

OK, enough for tonight....It's been a long time since so much bashing.

Don

#24     Jan 16, 2012
  5. Yeah, see above.

Don

#25     Jan 16, 2012
  6. MBC

MBC

#26     Jan 16, 2012
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

Donny, my dear old good friend. I have a suggestion. Have you thought about offering these "leaders" as you call them, a piece of the students "profits" vs a piece of their "commissions". I know the over ride game all too well. My mentor back in my Worldco days probably made over 500k in over rides on me. He didn't get paid on my profits, he got paid when I traded. If you offer the mentors a piece of the p&l, it would allow the mentor to work harder to make sure their students made money. And no Don, the student would gladly give a small piece of their p&l to their mentor if they were profitable. What say you Don?

#27     Jan 16, 2012
  8. VinMan

VinMan

No, I'm not implying mentors at BT are not making money. I wouldn't know but I'm talking mentors in general. If you want us to buy your course or pay more in commissions to be in your mentoring group (which by the way I think is the case at Bright-- could be wrong) then you need to be transparent.

Some mentors are so vague in nature it's impossible to follow and it is so easy for the to say "did you do this, did you do that etc". The vagueness allows them to dance around the problem with the edge.

#28     Jan 16, 2012
  9. MBC

MBC

This thread has hall of fame potential

#29     Jan 16, 2012
  10. I absolutely agree, we do our best to show the way, and encourage personal responsibilty of course... but we also show actual trades in many cases. Sometimes just the camaraderie from being with a mentor or a group can really help. I know it helps me. Back in the office, trading smaller than normal, it helps when Bob, Tammy and I toss around info, numbers and all the rest. We do the same thing in our groups.

Don

#30     Jan 16, 2012