Which Prop Firms provide the best mentorships and training?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Antihero1776, Jan 8, 2012.

1. MBC

MBC

WHat exactly would be useful then if discussin openings etc; is worthless?

#11     Jan 16, 2012
  2. If someone decides to GO with Bright... they should Skip the initial training... absolutely...

Opening Orders, Pair Trading, Closing Order Trades, etc... in initial trading holds no edge... check other Bright threads and you will find same thing has been said by others...

you can get the same initial Bright training here on ET or web if one LOOKS... for it...

to better use your training money........................

instead find a trader in Bright who is making money and can show you they are really making money... and you pay them directly the money you would have paid for the initial worthless training...

that would be a good use of your money...

HTHs... :)

#12     Jan 16, 2012
  3. Roark

Roark

They have an obligation to take money from stupid people. It's part of their code of ethics. If they don't take the money, somebody else will.

#13     Jan 16, 2012
  4. MBC

MBC

Great response, agree. And I think we both know the answer to this!

There are probably very few if any making money, and it so, they wont share>.

#14     Jan 16, 2012
  5. Good question, LOL. I don't know how to respond to the obviously disgruntled, other than to say we have had hundreds who have benefited, some trade with us, many with other firms.

Our classes change every time, to keep up with market conditions. Some basics must be taught, of course, to be sure everyone is on the same page.

Our retreat in December brought our very top people to help the rest of the troops so to speak.

We take all this, along with my brother (whose trading record I will compare with anyone's, $10mil plus in 2011), who shares several hours with our class. He tends to get more into Macro economics on a personal level (not buzz words, real info), and brings reality to all this.

I understand that some people may not grasp all this the first time around, and even those who trade elsewhere can return free of charge.

I also understand that new people may not see and hear what they "HOPE" to see, in other words, backing up their ideas. We do tend to burst bubbles in many cases. I can understand that if someone spent years devoted to something, and it simply is not real, and does not work in today's market, that they would be upset. I have reviewed many a trading plan, based on back testing or some sort of algo, fibanocci, etc., just to have to explain to the trader some facts that may negate many of their ideas. I don't like doing it, but I prefer doing that than just lie to them to keep a "fan."

Heck, even John Bollinger refused to go on stage with Bob or I after my brother challenged him and some of his charts. I eventually called John, and had a decent discussion with him. Perhaps a bit of an over-reaction. We do tend to be frightfully honest, sometimes scares or upsets people. Most prefer it.

We, as a trading firm, have to deal with reality. I have spent the last 20 years doing my best to share the daily trading environment of our top people with our students.

I will compare our training to anything out there, and hope to see some of you here in a couple of weeks. I'm hoping that my health will allow me to do 3 classes this year, January for sure.

All the best,

Don

#15     Jan 16, 2012
  6. I Stand By What I Wrote About The Initial Training Classes and Thensome... !

Bright Training Does NOT offer you any edge... they sell you Generalities... and then pocket your training money...

Bob's Talks were Generalities... Macro... Bob has made huge profits over the years from Scaling Into Big Trades and Option Selling and Other strategies over the years that you will NOT be doing... and holding pair trades for MONTHS when you will be prodded to hold them for days or less...

But Bob Will Go Out During the Initial Training and Tell You To Cut Losses and Let Your Profits run... Don't Use Charts... etc...

Going To Lunch Would Be More Productive Than Listening To Bob...

Bright Trading is Solid...

Bright Training is Not...

Don Bright Is A Salesman...

Not Disgruntled... Its A Fact... :eek:

#16     Jan 16, 2012
  7. Not disgruntled at all. Sorry you feel that way. I guess, if I was any good as a "salesman" as you put it, I would post dozens of testimonials from traders. But, then some would just say they were fabricated, oh well, as Ricky Nelson said "you can't please everyone." At this point in my life, I simply prefer to keep doing my best, telling the truth, and trying to help others in their trading. We offer all the things that people ask for, and I guess that's just not enough for some.

Don

#17     Jan 16, 2012
  8. I sure hope you and your Brother do a LOT of charity...

To make up for chewing up and spiting out such large numbers of hopeful traders... they you have done over the years...

just so your bottom line could increase as much as it has over the years...

You act nice on ET... Just like a nice Grandpa... I saw you in action with traders many times once they were signed up with Bright... and you are not nice at all... and not even present most of the time...

Keep ... its most excellent Salesman technique... you have it down pat... http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/dissemble

that is a fact...

#18     Jan 16, 2012
  9. MBC

MBC

Great thread.
    :eek: :eek:

#19     Jan 16, 2012
  10. I've always been pretty much the same person. I sometimes have to be strong with traders who need it, to protect them from themselves. I really don't "act" in any way, just plain old me.

I have been gone from the office for a few months, but still took care of all the traders questions on IM or email. It really bothers me that you feel this way about me, on a personal basis. I guess I'm just human. I would love to chat with you on the phone, perhaps mend the relationship, if only I knew you. But I understand.

All the best, no matter what....

Don

#20     Jan 16, 2012