Which prop firms have the best training?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by BrooksRimes, Jun 8, 2005.

1. lescor

lescor

I think you need to educate yourself a bit more on prop firms.

I've traded at three different places over the last few years and no one tells me what or how much to trade. I hold overnight as much and whenever I want. I answer to no one. I keep 100% of my profits. I pay lower commissions than almost any retail place offers. I withdraw cash whenever I want and it's wired to my bank account within 24 hours every time.

I have access to as much capital as I need to execute my strategies. I never miss opportunities because I don't have enough margin. I can employ strategies that retail traders can't unless they have a 7 figure account. I only keep a modest amount of money in my account and can free up my capital to use in other ventures like real estate, thereby putting it to work more efficiently. There are a number of firms that are solid and reputable where your cash is not at risk of a blow up.

There is a large % of the trader population that wouldn't really benefit by joining a prop firm. But a lot are missing out purely because of ignorance.

#11     Jun 11, 2005
  2. you are 100% correct.

#12     Jun 11, 2005
  3. Lescor...Lights

Ditto here....

#13     Jun 11, 2005
  4. Rc51Rob

Rc51Rob

I second Bright for good training, the good thing about them is that it isn't just a few weeks and then you're on your own, the training is ongoing through just the day-to-day guidance of Don, Bob and the other traders, as well as advanced classes several times a year.

#14     Jun 11, 2005
  5. i used to laugh when i was trading at echo..they would bring in trainees, have them sit next to other traders and then say, follow their trades..

#15     Jun 11, 2005
  6. ENZO

ENZO

My point exactly, I am not naming names about which firms.

I have one question though if you are such a great trader, why dont you have the 7 figure account? Oh and if you are implying Prop firms let you employ capital and strategies without impunity or risk management, then by all means list them so the rest of us will definately not consider trading at those firms.

I have a BSEE pal choose your phrases carefully as there are plenty of educated people here and each of us have a right to our opinion just because it doesnt agree with yours because you are the SUPERTRADER doesnt mean it's wrong.

#16     Jun 11, 2005
  7. PallMall

PallMall

ENZO-

Sounds like you've gotten a bit too fired up, not to mention off track. BrooksRimes question wasn't about the merits of prop firms, rather where he can find the best training.

#17     Jun 11, 2005
  8. Magna

Magna Administrator

Guys, the title of the thread is Which prop firms have the best training? Any off-topic posts will be removed. Thanks.

#18     Jun 15, 2005
  9. ENZO

ENZO

You are right I got too fired up....Be cool Brothers.

#19     Jun 17, 2005
  10. rstrader

rstrader

Most of them don't provide training. The ones that do show you how to use the hot keys and generate commissions for the firm. The ones that actually train you require a couple of thousands for their classes. So if you have no experience and want free training and no capital contribution, it will be hard to find. Generally, the firms that require no capital contribution will charge a fee for training. As far as the quality of training, you need to check with many different traders at the firm.

#20     Jun 22, 2005