Which prop firms don't require a series 7 license?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by ProGambler, Dec 18, 2009.

1. #31     Jan 27, 2010
  2. Sorry not interested in Staralliance! I get a better deal from CY Group!
    As I don't need training!

Other then that, yeah your firm is great for training! But for me, i get better deal with CY Group!

Thanks for the add though!

#32     Jan 27, 2010
  3. #33     Jan 27, 2010
  4. Do all firms require you to leave your money in for 12 months? What if you just don't like it? I've been emailing back and forth with Chris from JC and he didn't say anything about min activity. But I also told him I do 500K/month easily. I just wish I could find a prop firm that I could trade futures and equities so I don't need all these different programs running.

#34     Jan 27, 2010
  5. No, not all firms require you to put their money for 12 months! I think the 12 months is coming from membership the firm is with.

As far as futures, i am not sure there, someone will have to help you out with that!

#35     Jan 27, 2010
  6. parsamkk

parsamkk

The 1 year lock is a FINRA requirement. Its a post 9/11 law or so called Patriot act . The government must know who is trading and where is the money coming from.
    If the firm does not comply with FINRA - you take the risk.

#36     Jan 27, 2010
  7. oh good to know..but then that leaves me with the question...how some firms are able to go against it, and still be in business after many years?

#37     Jan 27, 2010
  8. parsamkk

parsamkk

I do not know , but my firm had to change ...

#38     Jan 27, 2010
  9. Cy Group's website states they don't pay any salaries to traders. Is this something new? If so what does "trade well" exactly mean?

#39     Jan 28, 2010
  10. bigpapi

bigpapi

#40     Jan 28, 2010