Which prop firms allow stock trading ?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by cashclay, May 4, 2023.

1. cashclay

cashclay

I have spoken with surgetrader however they are saying they only allow certain stocks to be traded bc its using CFDS. Is there any prop firm out there that allows trading on all and any stocks??? I normally trade the premarket movers. Thank you

2. jnbadger

jnbadger

Are you kidding? There are all kinds of them out there.

Edit: Never mind. I thought you meant a real prop firm. I just looked up SurgeTrader. I hate it when these pay to play rackets call themselves prop firms. If you're any good, why not get your 57 and go with an actual pro firm? You're on your own if you want to pay an up front fee just to prove yourself.

3. There are a lot of them in Canada here who allow stock trading. Like I currently trade with Alkaline Capital and they allow both stocks and options trading so you can check with them regarding your requirements

cashclay likes this.
  4. cashclay

cashclay

thanks. surge trader allows however they only have a certain limit amount of stocks.

5. Okay here I am able to trade all stocks and etfs listed in US market along with options so hasn't been an issue till now

6. cashclay

cashclay

that’s amazing. do they accept us citizens ?

7. AFAIK they do but you will have to confirm with them

cashclay likes this.
  8. cashclay

cashclay

thank you

9. alistera

alistera

This is the amazing thing about life, it you sat down and ran the numbers, which no one does and requires me to do it for you, it's faster to put a small amount in an account and trade it up than rely on prop firm funding, where only the top 0.2% will ever make anything meaningful.

You have people throwing $1,000s at a prop firm with a 1 in 500 probability of making it successful, it used to be 1 in 200 a few years back but the advent of AI and endless data means more people trying and failing, but it's good for those 0.2% :D

Stock trading rarely has leverage or only up to 5x, Futures are effectively 50x and Forex is around 500x, the world wants to get rich quick via Forex and they almost all fail, yet you can make more faster trading stocks if you use that same 6mths to do something meaningful.

We made 70% last year on Boeing just going long at the lows when the algos signaled, or making +50% shorting Tesla at the highs when the algos signaled, and those were investment grade, with daytrading you can do those numbers in a quarter, or a month, or even a week with smaller capital amounts, which I've done myself using our platform.

We have over 10,000 pages of unique in-house content relating to everything financial markets from HFT to investing for retirement and UHNW, can you do these numbers, here's the little secret of everyone's knowledge in the financial markets, everything goes in cycles from seconds (actually milliseconds today because we have 100ms charts) to decades and beyond.

Any piece of 'success' the world provides is a view in to their success cycle, however that cycle at best is 20% of the time, usually only just 5% or 2% or 1%, and rarely (as in 1 in 500) can their success sustain above 20% of the time, their ignoring or going quiet the other 80%, I teach people trading Stocks using the content and the platform, we've had a couple of HNW come along and even they cannot sustain the cycles, we're trained to UHNW levels (that's 0.0027% or 1 in 36,000), sure you can make 1-2% per month which is the world's benchmark but I'm quite sure that's not what the question was about :D

Darc likes this.
  10. I think there is good use for some prop firm but agree I do not like these pay up front challenge companies. This seem to me to take money from new trader who do not know what they are doing. Sell dream but so low success. Like many "education" company who charge for class but trader success is same as if they just try by themselves. Maybe I am wrong, never work with company like this, just what it look like to me.

But real prop can be very useful. I have group of traders trading with Black Eagle Financial Group for many years, helps us a lot as our costs are much lower than we could get by ourselves, very good routing and get access to a lot of capital so we can use our own money for other investment. But yes this is real prop for real experience traders, not new trader pay challenge to get fund company.

#10     May 26, 2023
    Stoyan P likes this.