Which Prop CME Futures Firm?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by DrCornwallis, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Had a bad day in front of the screens?

Why would you assume that someone checking out ONLINE prop trading firms based in the UK, would even be remotely interested in applying to some US based or even London, UK based prop firm?

You think a trader with the right mindset, a well tested set of trade configs and a good fluent understanding of the market can't sit from home making a fkn killing?

#11     Oct 5, 2020
    SouthbeachCTA and Fonz like this.
  2. TRS

TRS

If you’re not US based and subjected to rules as pertaining CFD usage FTMO could very well be an option for you. They allow CFD and Spot FX trading. I’m not a huge fan of CFD trading for a few reasons but I’m just throwing this one up as an option for you.
    Of course do your own due diligence.

#12     Oct 5, 2020
  3. I traded my own cfd account with FXCM for some time.....

.....done the usual schoolboy error of getting sick of being stopped out by ping candles, opting for a 'Mental Stop' then trying to get out at scratch only to watch the market tank and tank wiping out half my account before I closed the trade out, inevitably at the ~95% point of max pain........

.....took dozens of normal sized trades to get my head back above water and into profit, which I done eventually on the back of a a very high hit rate winning streak.....then FXCM never gave me an entry on a trade which I thought was another winner........they said, 'low liquidity' (in the EURUSD) was to blame. Then it happened again, and I promptly closed that account, and have never opened another cfd account since....most/all of them are bucket shops and I can't be fkd with the whole game of Russian Roulette in finding one that aren't total sharks...indeed....looking at reviews etc online, none are without a huge catalogue of complaints.....

.....perhaps there are good reasons why cfd brokerages got banned in US.

#13     Oct 5, 2020
  4. TRS

TRS

FXCM back in the day had terrible form I agree. I still wouldn’t use them on principal to this day because of what they pulled.

#14     Oct 5, 2020
  5. 2rosy

2rosy

a) now a days it's all remote
    b) not forced into using any system. However, you're strategy needs to be legitimate. Gut feel doesn't count
    c) if you're profitable you can be a one man band and left alone.

some firms allow for setting up agreements/partnerships. You get to use solid infrastructure, data, low fees, credit lines, ...

#15     Oct 5, 2020
    VPhantom and DrCornwallis like this.
  6. Wouldn't write off intuition tbh.

I have a bundle of setup theses and variations on those, but for almost every winner, and almost every loser, I could easily apply a setup from the same bundle of trade configs taking the opposite thesis.

Trick is having a good feel for the market and then actually focusing on the trade config that will get you into the action (as opposed to being left sitting on your hands).

My 'gut feeling' is, that most successful traders reply primarily on intuition, whether they acknowledge it or not.

#16     Oct 5, 2020
  7. Overnight

Overnight

That works up until a point. That point is usually when you "feel" that your account is about to get wiped out.

True prop firms probably don't want people like that working for them?

#17     Oct 5, 2020
  8. Yup, these days most prop is something systematic/model driven or even outright arbitrage trading. Obviously, there are varying degrees of systematic and an element of gray-box is always present but overall nobody really wants the old school guys that were trying to guess what the 10s are going to do in the next 10 minutes.

#18     Oct 5, 2020
  9. s0mmi

s0mmi

I don't know why you U.S. guys don't trade the easiest markets in the whole world;

U.S. small and mid cap stocks

There are so many YouTubers who are easily scalping the small and mid cap stocks making between $5k to $50k every day this year. I've seen their live streams too.

Small and mid cap stocks in the U.S.A are literally the easiest brain-dead trading experience one can ever have. Look for big orders in the book, wait for big spikes.

Why are you wasting your time on the cheat mode CME scam Futures products? For every 1 person I see on Futures is trying to risk -$1,000 to make $1,000 per day, there's 5 people making between $3,000 to $10,000 per day on Stocks, without even trying

Filter out for RVOL > 3.0 (Relative Volume) and look for highest % movers in the pre-market

I don't even trade these and I know it's easy.

Good luck. Stocks is the easiest thing to do, everyone makes money in it. The numbers of winners in Futures is like 2% because of the scam exchange

But the number of winners in Stocks is like 50-70%, easy.

Get onto it! And fast!

#19     Oct 6, 2020
    yc47ib and Laissez Faire like this.
  10. Did you migrate from futures to trading stocks? I seem to recall you as a futures (treasuries?) trader.

Those who make 3-10K per day on stocks without even trying - what's their strategy and account size?

#20     Oct 6, 2020