Which platform are you using and why?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Pro_Trader720, Apr 11, 2005.

1. mhashe

mhashe

Ensign Charts with IB TWS. Does what I need, and does it well.

#11     Apr 11, 2005
  2. x_trader pro thr velocityfutures.
    all others are no comparsions.

#12     Apr 11, 2005
  3. Truff

Truff

I agree, but X trader is not for everyone

#13     Apr 11, 2005
  4. murfy_kl

murfy_kl

I use FXCM to trade forex

#14     Apr 11, 2005
  5. i dont mind you saying that you like xtrader and that you like velocity futures but to say all others are no comparisions is just plain FALSE.

#15     Apr 11, 2005
  6. I'm thinking of going through Velocity Futures, but I was wondering if they offer a classic view or if it is only one standard format. I like having the classic level II look like you have with stock trading. Velocity uses X Trader.

#16     Apr 12, 2005
  7. IB, AmiBroker (what an excellent peace of charting software and it is allmost free) and ButtonTrader.

I've found this setup very reliable. I really can recommend it for you.

Ah, I forgot I've done a tape reading program which I use to confirm things...

#17     Apr 12, 2005
  8. Hi guys,

we've launched a new product, QuantDeveloper, dedicated to trading strategy development, simulation, backtesting, optimization and automation.

www.smartquant.com/quantdeveloper.php

We are currently testing QuantDeveloper with TT X-Trader FIX Adapter.

You can download a couple of demo videos

www.smartquant.com/beta/video/quantdeveloper.zip
    www.smartquant.com/beta/video/quantdeveloper_execution.zip

We are welcome interested TT customers and other strategy developers to take part in the beta testing of QuantDeveloper.

Best regards,
    Anton

#18     Apr 12, 2005

9. Hi Truff,

Is this ProActive TradeMaven using the PATS feed or have they made some other arrangement? If it is using PATS, how is it working out for you so far? Is the PATS feed really as bad as many claim it to be?

Thanks for any info.

#19     Apr 12, 2005
  10. Truff

Truff

They do not use PATS data feed at ProActive for Trademaven. I wouldn't use it if it did. Their Trademaven is extremely reliable. Ive used X trader before and i believe the data feed is just as good if not better.

#20     Apr 12, 2005