Which OS?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by maxpi, Jan 3, 2003.

1. WIN98 sucks. anyone still running this dino sour needs another matching brain cell or two.

#31     Jan 26, 2003
  2. That's what happens on my puter now too, programs sometimes crash, fewer than before though, but this rarely ever takes the system down.

#32     Jan 26, 2003
  3. Or perhaps is just the way around. Those who still run it, know how to handle computers... just some innocent thought...:D

#33     Jan 26, 2003
  4. if you knew anything at all about your computer you wouldn't be running win98 in the first place genius.

#34     Jan 26, 2003
  5. Good point, that's one of the reasons I am still holding off, particularly that I have no compelling reason to switch to a newer machine.

#35     Jan 26, 2003
  6. Relax, dude. That's the reason I am still running it, because I know a lot about it. Otherwise I would not be able to optimize it.

#36     Jan 26, 2003
  7. You da man wally. You can overcome the inherent limit ations of the OS. You def en at ly da man!:D

#37     Jan 26, 2003
  8. Ninja

Ninja

That are still too much crashes for every professional (trading) user.

#38     Jan 26, 2003
  9. Ninja

Ninja

Maybe you know how to optimize it, but obviously you do not know that its is simply not worthwile to optimize it, because it still crashes while there are better solutions out there.

#39     Jan 26, 2003
  10. igsi

igsi

Lobster, I skipped whatever you elaborated because it was not convincing. Whatever you posted would not stand a critique. You see, if you do not know how to do things with XP that does not mean those things can't be done, either from within OS or by using free third party tools. I am not here to educate you on broad XP usage, however, if you insist, give me your best shot what is that that you can't leave without but has not figured it out how to set it up. I think I can help you with that in exchange of you playing down your anti-windows attitude.

#40     Jan 26, 2003