Which open source Java automation software do you use?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by tradesystem, Oct 31, 2007.

1. It looks like there are several different open source Java solutions to support auto trading. Here is a post that covers many of them:
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=85659

My question is: is anybody actually using any of these tools? Some of them have recent activity but many of them seem like they are no longer under development. Many of the ones that are still getting attention seem to be in alpha or beta phases.

I have looked at several commercial products but can't find what I want so I started considering building something myself. If any of these platforms are good I will start with them and only make the changes necessary to support my needs. Before I begin I wanted to see if anybody could share their experiences with any of these products (good or bad).

2. QuickFix/J

3. Thats a new one I have not seen before. It looks like it is just really for the FIX interface. What product do you use for backtesting and automated trade execution?

4. Tintin92

Tintin92

5. sfl

sfl

Hello, give a look at www.activequant.org I personally think it's the best you can find on the opensource market at this time.
    I think it is even better than commercial products, it is not finished yet but keep an eye on it.

bye
    sfl