Which online brokers can I do international trades inexpensively?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by AwkwardMoment, Apr 17, 2006.

1. It's sad that there is no competition to keep IB competitive instead of lazy ****'s, but that is the way it is. IB is the only way to go I think. We have to hope in the future some brokers make the switch, as there is a ton of customers that would love to trade international markets, but that is just the way it is.

#11     Apr 20, 2006
  2. Can Americans open accounts there?

How reputable is Boom?

#12     Apr 20, 2006
  3. def

def Sponsor

Lazy ****'s? Where do you come up with this stuff?

Let's see. We continue to offer additional international exchanges at competitive rates competing directly with hundreds of brokers in each local market but somehow maintain competitive.

Are we perfect - no? Do we satisfy the requirements/needs of every single trader in the world - no? However, we certainly have a dedicated work force that are busting their ****'s striving to be the best global broker.

I'd go on but I now need to get my lazy butt out of this seat and do a couple test trades on the Japanese equity market which we're in the process of releasing to our clients.

#13     Apr 20, 2006
  4. I'm going to chuckle once, yawn, and go back to studying charts while you do what you do.

BTW, I have to complement you about being at least better than Ameritrade and eTrade. Oh and you don't flat out bash someone who makes a comment on your company unlike.....*cough.... eSignal*

"However, we certainly have a dedicated work force that are busting their ****'s striving to be the best global broker."

Don't press your luck on me with that BS though, that's eSignal's excuse *except for charting and data* for delaying eSignal 8 on their message boards. Same BS different company.

"I'd go on but I now need to get my lazy butt out of this seat and do a couple test trades on the Japanese equity market which we're in the process of releasing to our clients."

Good job! Now be sure to tell me one day when you move the platform to a windows application and not on the Java. BTW, Nice BS plug for your company.

#14     Apr 20, 2006
  5. geesh out of the thousands of members not 1 person can think of one company better and cheaper then interactive brokers for international trades, i am in so much shock!!!! out of all the boards i know I would have thought some1 here would know the answer to this interesting question.....

#15     Apr 20, 2006
  6. jebara

jebara Guest

Boom is very reputable. I have an application, from them, a friend has an account with them. If you want access to asian Markets they are one of the best. They are located in Hong Kong, so i doubt they would have a usa number. If you search the site you will find there active trader solutions. If you intend to trade stocks over there then are good brokerage to use.

#16     Apr 20, 2006
  7. def

def Sponsor

I'll agree, Boom is fine. They are expensvie though. As a comparison for Japan:

stock fees
    IB: 0.08% * value of stock. Min 450 yen
    Boom: 0.30% * value of stock Min 2500 yen

#17     Apr 20, 2006
  8. IB.... uhhh what's going on, all your customers are waiting. While all of you are HARD AT WORK, and NOT BEING LAZY, customers are having their TWS down and can't trade and many complaints.

So let me ask an IB rep to come in here and come up with an amazing excuse for this, and make it sound like it sin't a big deal and treat us like we are idiots.

We are all waiting :)

#18     Apr 21, 2006
  9. Mowery what is your problem. First, windows would be way worse than the Java app. Second, IB has no real competition.

What a whiner.

#19     Apr 21, 2006
  10. Ive been with IB 2 years - never down except in weekends.

#20     Apr 21, 2006