Which online broker is best for penny stocks?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Hardy, Jul 20, 2007.

1. abwatley pretty good, i pay 2.95 a trade with them tho not too many routes with omnipro

realfasttrade got more routes but their software(dastrader) sucks, i pay 4.95 with them

all rates are flat for unlimited shares unless of course you are using an ecn.

one thing i like about both tho is they usually pick up on first ring when you call if you got problem, i've used the shithouses like ameriturd and etrade before and being on hold when you have a problem isn't the best thing when time is of the essence

#11     Jul 21, 2007
  2. I know their rates are low - $9.95 flat - but is Ameritrade any good at getting fills for pink sheet stocks? I tried to buy 2000 shares of Refco the morning it turned into a penny stock, using a limit order, and couldn't get a fill even when the trades I was seeing go by in the T&S window dropped below my limit. I gave up after several minutes and got a fill instantly at Schwab (but Schwab's rates for large orders aren't cheap unless you're an active trader/large account).

#12     Jul 21, 2007
  3. ameritrade routes through sbsh so fills are usually pretty good

#13     Jul 22, 2007