Which one of you guys made this reddit post

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by nooby_mcnoob, Aug 13, 2018.

1. I've had my foot in the industry and the main thing I've heard is that it's random, just be diverse and manage risk. Every one of these portfolio managers will go bust at some point if they aren't careful.

What I don't understand is why don't these quants just go out on their own?

#31     Aug 14, 2018
    Van_der_Voort_4 likes this.
  2. They aren't doing anything a lot different than other quant groups.
    I fully agree with you about the random,otherwise they would take their chances and branch out.It's a confidence game easy to read.

If they go bust so be it,capitalism.Someone new will rise to the top with better ideas.

#32     Aug 14, 2018
  3. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

quants in old time construction - would have been called sidewalk superintendents.

it is said that when you build a church how ever many members there are - is exactly how many bosses there will be on the project.

quants without experience are actually below the scale of zero of real knowledge. it would take a shit ton of effort to undo the ignorance just to get back to zero.

#33     Aug 14, 2018
    Van_der_Voort_4 likes this.
  4. qxr1011

qxr1011

too many words to read,

probably the usual crap from the wall street buffoon who thinks that he understands the market or life just because people gave him money, off which he is chipping annually for his bread and butter and caviar...

#34     Aug 14, 2018
  5. If you cannot say it briefly then you don't have a point....no one wants to read the Illiad in a post.

#35     Aug 14, 2018
    speedo and qxr1011 like this.
  6. [​IMG][​IMG]

I had a meeting with few of them in London and they asked me questions.Wasn't gonna tell them anything beyond general theme.Let's say this whole experience was a eye opener for me.Not big names,but still for self thought type of person like me later i could not understand why i went there feeling little nervous.

#36     Aug 14, 2018
    MarkBrown likes this.
  7. qxr1011

qxr1011

exactly !

that's why i prefer poetry to prose

#37     Aug 14, 2018
  8. speedo

speedo

The Illiad is a poem :D

#38     Aug 14, 2018
  9. qxr1011

qxr1011

not the english translation of it :)

#39     Aug 14, 2018
  10. The Illiad is a cruel punishment inflcited on children, much like Justin Beiber...

#40     Aug 14, 2018
    MoreLeverage and speedo like this.