Which one is more similar to the EURUSD

Discussion in 'Forex' started by nixad, Nov 22, 2005.

Which one is more similar to the EURUSD pair?

1. USDCHF

23 vote(s)
    95.8%
  2. USDJPY

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  1. nixad

nixad

Vote, express opinions be open.

My though is that although USDCHF seams to fallow EURUSD very closely. second USDJPY and the EURUSD pair share similar situations on using channels

2. Most like EURUSD is EC.

I am just curious why you are trying to get opinions on this?

3. nixad, have you taken a look at the correlations among those pairs?

4. He's probably trying to develop a hedging strat. But this is no contest.

5. 20-d correlation history. USD/CHF vs EUR/USD

6. UM_manager,

Very nice dynamic chart there, thanks.

You wouldn't happen to have a similar format chart of the correlations of EUR/USD and GBP/USD? If you do, I'd like to see it. Historically, the daily correlation between euro and cable has been fairly high (positive), averaging around 0.8 - 0.9+. However, as recently as July, I believe it all but broke down to a low of 0.22 or so. (At times I put on trades in opposite directions in cable and euro, with the ultimate objective of closing each trade for a profit.)

7. 2late apex. 20-d correlation history. GBP/USD vs EUR/USD

8. Thanks! Exactly what I wanted to see.

9. Hi UM, dont you have a chart forecasting a buy and sell signal for next week.....with 100% probability of doing 80% profit!!
    nice graph, mate proof that some traders are quiet but very active on developping all necessary tools to grip a pip from here or a pip from there.for me i am now retired at 36 with 1.2Ml$ made mainly from forex.:D :D

Z COmAnDaToRe

10. Hm, looking at that chart, something inside me tells me that this needs to be exploited...:D

#10     Nov 25, 2005