which one is best-suitable real-time chart software with reasonable price?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by chlwogur, Feb 19, 2008.

1. Agreed, Sierra Chart, however you feed it is good.

#11     Feb 26, 2008
  2. chlwogur

chlwogur

Thank you all for your reply, and finally my decision is...
    Quotetracker with Stockwatch datafeed.

Before make my decision, it was very helpful thread "http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/printthread.php?threadid=38137"
    although it is outdated but it was ok to me.

My decision were based on following reasons.

[Reliability (NO often shutdown, breakdown)]
    So far, QT+SW combination is ok, reliable.
    When I check it at QT homepage, they said "one of the best"

[Quick respond and Change]
    Tick by tick, chart refresh rate is very good. quick response

[basic studies]
    Incruding all of basic indicator and moreover very helpful indicator fuctions too.

[easy zoom in/out and re-framing]
    Helpful keypad +/- key

[good drawing tools]
    Very easy drawing and suitable change

[Simple UI]
    I really like changable small databox in corner and extra space X/Y axis fuction

[reasonable price]
    Finally, my spent is monthly 14.95=13.95(StockWatch Fee)+1.00(Nasdaq Exchange Fee). I think it is very reasonable combination.

Remaining Question.

1. I can not get "E-mini" data from StockWatch. How can I get it with free? StockWatch did not.
    Is there any data feeder that offered stock and future's index such as ES, NQ?

2. QT offered only 2 days backfill data display. so for so good.
    but Should I register for more 10 days display with more 7$/Mon. (of course, SW offer 10 days backfill)

3. Ninjatrader. it it superior than QT of all?

#12     Mar 1, 2008
  3. chlwogur

chlwogur

As I know, QT did not support opentick data feed as quote source. so Impossible with QT.

I heard that Ninjatrader supported it.
    is it reliable? that's my big question.
    As Opentick and Ninjatrader combination, it could be fantastick that using chart ware with only 1$(Nasdaq Exchange Fee).

Really?

#13     Mar 1, 2008
  4. tier1

tier1

This is actually kind of silly, but within Ameritrade, they have real time charting platforms, a lot of indicators included and what have you. The data is reliable so far. I use it daily. And to boot, having an account with them is zero maintainence fee, so the charting tool is free as well. Once you log into your account, you launch the platform and its a separate program from the browser and in Java. It actually is much more reliable than Esignal in my opinion, and its free. They have Command Center, Strategy Desk and Advanced Analyzer. I use the command center and I get real-time charts all the bells and whistles for no extra charge.

#14     Mar 1, 2008
  5. chlwogur

chlwogur

Thanks tier1

But I can't open Ameritrade account. so I just searching for these thing. thanks a lot

#15     Mar 2, 2008