Which of these charts - is the correct one ?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Nobert, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Nobert

Nobert

Both zoomed out max in weekly,

the one from Think or Swim demo :

Screenshot (369).png
    (data ,,since 2006'', tho the visible candles are only from 2018 )

And Yahoo Finance :
    Screenshot (370).png
    (data since 1990)

I was long in simulated trade, based on Think or Swim chart, and once i checked Yahoo, it was the most foolish entry point that there could be.
    (given the fact that my stop might exceed up to 10% per position)

Which one is correct then ?

I could check more sites, and then determine the right one, based on average most often similar result, but in that case, whats wrong with Think or Swim ?

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
    murray t turtle likes this.
  2. Metamega

Metamega

First assumption is yahoo is probably back adjusted for dividends. Which theirs a lot noticing all the D’s at the bottom of chart

Nobert likes this.
  3. %%
    Almost always, its the chart that lines up with investors.com chart[ weekly chart]
    GOOD dividend anyWay...............................................................................................I would NOT do a 10% stop on that; NOT with free commisions.I almost always use a 200 day moving average-that stock seldom spends much time below 200dma, nor should it-in an Uptrending bullmarket. I took profits much last week i may get in again-free commisions could have me trading more. LOL NOT a prediction, wisdom is profitable to direct.:cool::cool:, :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

vanzandt and Nobert like this.
  4. Nobert

Nobert

Yes, i agree Murray, as i mentioned, might get at the most up - to 10% in exceptions,

but if its a breaking trend, and falling through 2'ble - 3'iple bottom, & fundaments are bad, then it will be cut at 5% which would be 0.5% of total capital.

Like Asta Lavista Baby, i say to that position with SELL button. :)

vanzandt and murray t turtle like this.