Which of the following rotates around the Earth

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Intelinvestor, Apr 12, 2008.

1. Your theory seems logical to me, but since you don't speak French (nor do I), it may be incorrect nevertheless.

Snopes seems to back up the translation- negating your theory:

http://www.snopes.com/radiotv/gameshows/millionaire.asp

This site does too:

http://www.who-wants-to-be-a-millionaire-game-online.com/millionaire-trivia-game.htm

P.S. Gord is 100% correct.

#11     Apr 13, 2008
  2. kut2k2

kut2k2

Dude, you just revealed yourself to be the dumbest guy in this thread. :D

First of all, "gravite" translates as "revolve", so the French got it right.

BTW if, as YOU said, "They are asking something very much like which body's gravity is the strongest on Earth", then the correct answer would be the sun. Or does a "genius" like you actually think the moon has a stronger pull on the earth than the sun?? :D

Second, this is nitpicking on a psychotic level. Everybody knows what the question was about, regardless of a flaw in translation.

I doubt the OP captioned the vid himself. Get over it.

#12     Apr 13, 2008
  3. Turok

Turok

TG:
    >They are asking something very much like which
    >body's gravity is the strongest on Earth.

kut2:
    >Or does a "genius" like you actually think the moon
    >has a stronger pull on the earth than the sun?? :D

ROFLAO! OWNED!!

JB

#13     Apr 14, 2008
  4. There's a reason why such a notion is actually NOT laughably ridiculous: Most people are not aware of the fact that Earth's precisely stable axis is a rare thing for a planet to have, and is entirely credited to the moon's pull. Earth's North & South Poles were in the exact same spot 10,000 years ago, and will remain in the exact same spot 10,000 years in the future... because of the moon.

If not for our moon, earth's axis would 'wobble' like the axis of most planets, meaning that the Bahamas or New York City could easily become the South Pole/coldest spot on earth, were the planet to wobble in that direction. The entire reason why the North & South Poles aren't bitterly cold one century and tropical the next is because of the significantly stabilizing pull of the moon.

#14     Apr 14, 2008
  5. On parallel with Goodwin's Law, I'd like to hereby create Rearden's Law, which states:

<i>"As a message board thread about the solar system grows longer, the probability of someone posting a Uranus joke approaches one."<i/>

#15     Apr 14, 2008
  6. Charlie Weis?

#16     Apr 14, 2008
  7. No, Tom Landry.

Was that just an attempt on your part to post the most irrelevant reply you could possibly think of... and if so, why? :confused:

#17     Apr 14, 2008
  8. Pretty much....And why would you care to respond?

#18     Apr 14, 2008

9. RM just nailed a skyhook from mid court, SWISH NOTHING BUT NET..

result: Dr. Skidmark OWNED

Rennick out:cool:

ps.keep up the good work RM

#19     Apr 14, 2008
  10. All those answers were incorrect. These objects revolve aroud Chuck Norris..

ps.
    Emc2 = speed of light
    Emc3 = energy created by a Chuck Norris roundhouse.

Rennick out:cool:

#20     Apr 14, 2008