which moving avgs do most traders use?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by cashclay, Apr 28, 2018.

1. birdman

birdman

For intraday, I'm currently using 9ema, 125sma and full stochastics set at 3,5,2. Buy signals are better when 125 is not sloping down. I'm not saying this is a better configuration than any other, but i like it better than others i have tried.

I may soon discount the 125 and lose the stochastics, and focus on the 9ema, patterns and price.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
    #51     Jun 5, 2018
  2. yiehom

yiehom

If you use MA's for some time, you will notice that the 8 and the 837 eventually work. And any number between them. Therefore, I have removed my 50 and 20 ema's altogether from my daily charts. They remain but on the weeklies, for (strength of) trend clearer vue.
    Trading intraday, nothing beats adequately drawn supports and resistances lines. Nothing.

#52     Jun 5, 2018
    birdman likes this.
  3. Bigstuff

Bigstuff

Moving averages works best with the lag removed.

#53     Oct 5, 2020
    murray t turtle likes this.
  4. %%
    Actually the 200dma works so well because it lags...……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….200 months is a bit much lag for me but 20 months/50 weeks may help.NOT a prediction.
    One big problem for some ==their are so may types of moving averages its hard not to '' lag ''in deciding sometimes or let the cat out of the '' bag.''

#54     Oct 5, 2020