Which motorcycle?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by nitro, Aug 24, 2010.

1. nitro

nitro

1 is possible of course. 2 is out of the question. Normal sport bikes only.

#11     Aug 24, 2010
  2. Maybe it is as simple as getting slightly longer handlebars....

Good choice.:D

#12     Aug 24, 2010
  3. nitro

nitro

Thing is, doesn't the handlebar contain all sort of electronics in modern bikes, as well as the clutch? It isn't a five minute job is what I am saying...

#13     Aug 24, 2010
  4. r-in

r-in

Wow, I didn't know he was 5'4". Probably a combination of handlebars that come back a bit more and higher footpegs to lift and push him forward. They may have even had to change the seat so it didn't look like they did anything to it.

#14     Aug 24, 2010
  5. r-in

r-in

Maybe not a 5 minute job, but not to hard or time consuming on most bikes either. I think most wiring harnesses are on the outside and not running through the bars. Even if they do run through, I would guess they make a connection point you can pop apart to accomodate maintenance, or change outs relatively painless.

#15     Aug 24, 2010
  6. nitro

nitro

Ok.

This one seems ok out of the box - the tank seems so high there is no room to lean! And, people say it is a good first bike too.

[​IMG]

#16     Aug 24, 2010
  7. r-in

r-in

If that is the 650R, I would think it would be a good starting point. Remember even smaller bikes are going to accelerate quite a bit faster than you standard street car, so they can give a good thrill.
    If you haven't ridden before take a rider safety class and learn to ride on their bike. The classes are even a good idea for experienced riders who haven't ridden in awhile.

#17     Aug 24, 2010
  8. nitro

nitro

400R. For sure I am going to take a class...

#18     Aug 24, 2010
  9. r-in

r-in

400R? Never heard of that model. What year is it?

#19     Aug 24, 2010
  10. 400R. For sure I am going to take a class...
    -----------------------

Plus life and hospital insurance. My son broke both arms with his first bike and my son in law was rear ended and received a concussion when he tried to make a right hand turn. Both bikes were total losses.
    Good luck.

#20     Aug 24, 2010