Which Matrox Quad card?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jayford, Oct 7, 2003.

1. Hey Folks,

I've been using two screens for awhile, but am soon going back to a quad set up. I wish to install one quad card as I have probs with my current dual card as it is (Matrox OEM purchased via Ebay for $10 bucks).

Seeking advice on which quad card I should look for via Ebay. I just need the most basic version for displaying charts, and one screen for execution software. In other words, I don't require lots of memory or special add ons. I do require that the card is modern enough so that it is still supported though (even if via the Matrox forum). I figure Matrox since most people here use them; however, I am open to other brands.

Thanks,

Jay

2. Kap

Kap

I use a Matrox Parhelia for 3 monitors, but would really like 4, I'm bidding on a Matrox G200 MMS Quad, I used one for a couple of years @ work and it was very stable - more than my Parhelia on XP, so i''ll be sticking with Matrox.

There pretty cheap on ebay, normally go for around 70GBP on the UK ebay, spankin new about 400GBP.

3. H2O

H2O

Take a look at www.appian.com (Rushmore card)

If you're interested, PM me. Perhaps we can work something out.

4. opm8

opm8

I'll second that. Been using a 32MB g200 mms for about 6 months now. Works great for up to 4 monitors.

--opm8

5. Catoosa

Catoosa

Buy the Matrox G200 MMS G2 + QUADP - PL with the heat sinks. I have been using these cards for about two years and they have worked great with no problems. I made sure I did not buy a card configured for Compaq.