Which Master's?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by GlennJGraham, Jun 11, 2007.

1. I can't decide if I should go get a masters in computer science, mathematical finance, or statistics. Any pros/cons to each? Thoughts??? Thanks guys!

2. gnome

gnome

Sounds like you want to take a Quant's approach... ??

I'd suggest none of those, but rather Forensics... you know, observation, logic and deduction? Those always play well in the markets.

3. Mathematical finance - you'll find both stats and comp sci in it.

4. rosy2

rosy2

math finance from a top school in a key location. ie. uchicago, nyu

5. i got my BMath in computer science. i found that after learning in depth the theory behind cs and being well versed in mathematics because of the degree requirements, I picked up finance aspect of quant fairly easily after graduation.

unless you are already have a very strong CS background i doubt either other masters programs will give you the CS tools required to research quant successfully.

i could be wrong.

6. I have a much better suggestion for you :

after you blow up your first Million in the markets you WILL know what to go for !

7. Not sure. Which did these guy do?

[​IMG]

8. sim03

sim03

Um, not a good example. Each of those guys dropped out of college after 2 (two) years... never mind Master's degree.

The only logical conclusion: education is to success / wealth / power as mother-in-law is to honeymoon.

9. tyler19

tyler19

Don't go anywhere unless its free.

10. I would recommend this program, it would set you apart from thousands of quants and want to be analysts out there...

M.S. Global Finance

http://globalfinance.bm.ust.hk/index.asp

#10     Jun 11, 2007