Which market moves most violently?

Discussion in 'Options' started by TimeCorrosion, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Bye

#21     Jul 24, 2007
  2. I am new to this board, barely a month or so.... I am guessing this guys going to tell us that all models don’t predict things like SEC Well's notices or BRK all of a sudden showing interest in buying shares in XYZ? You guys who have been here longer I assume have run across this kind of rant before, but I’ll step in for the fun of it now.

The b/s model has flaws most of which are related to early exercise of American style dual rate options but there is no mystery in the valuations of options these days especially in the listed equity options products.

#22     Jul 24, 2007
  3. Always remember, that when you digest information in relation to the markets, that most of it is twisted.

When I speak of a "Flaw", I speak in the context of the overall operation of the market under scrutiny.

If you read my original post, you will see that I clearly stated that the majority of retail Options traders look for cheap Options.

By the mere fact that they are cheap, implies that their bias is to go Long, or Buy the Option.

Now, if the majority of retail traders see an Expensive Option, what do you think goes on in their minds.

Is it a good guess to conclude that they will see this Option as too Expensive, and thus dismiss it for consideration.

But, what they fail to see, is that the mere fact that the Option is Expensive, warrants further investigation, for we now have what some call a MisPricing.

And. if we have a MisPricing in the market, then something is going down with the Big Boys, and one thing is for sure, when they decide to act on that MisPricing, you better make sure that you are not on the opposite side to what they are trading, for if you are, no force field in the universe will stop them from crushing you like a fly hitting the windscreen of a car travelling at high speed.

So, with that, I am sure that some of "You guys who have been here longer" will be only too happy to expand so that you may deepen your knowledge of the real world of Options Trading.

Think long and hard about what I said, and imagine you are a child, and then say to yourself, does this make sense, or not.

The answer that you derive at, will, in fact, tell you, with about 99.99% accuracy, what your future holds in relation to becoming and Elite Trader, although I prefer the term RealProTrader myself.

RPT

#23     Jul 24, 2007
  4. Now, please give an honest answer in relation to my reply, and what you really think of it.

Do not worry about what others will think of your reply.

Remember, when you trade, it is Your Money on the table, not their money, so everything you consider should be in realtion to how it is going to affect Your Account, not theirs

Do you fully understand what I am saying here ?

RPT

#24     Jul 24, 2007
  5. achilles28

achilles28

Because the Pros write options for a living. Not buy them. (on average)?

#25     Jul 24, 2007
  6. Prevail

Prevail Guest

with the sp, BS becomes less accurate the further otm.

#26     Jul 24, 2007

7. Are you Al Gore!? I'm being super cereal!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manbearpig

#27     Jul 24, 2007
  8. To be honest I don’t really care what reasons retail options buyers or sellers have for making their decisions. I can say with 100 % certainty that they DON’T move the markets or set the price. Since “expensive” and “cheap” are relative terms you really need to qualify them before you use them.

The days when I stood on the floor milking the retail investors were a long time ago. These days they milk em for tiny pennies of edge and it’s a game played by big firms who try and capture the volume for tiny edge with lots of soft money deal and payment for order flow.

The bottom line is retail traders are not trading for “edge” to theoretical values the options markets today just doesn’t have that opportunity.

As far as you being the one who hands out the title of ‘elite trader” well again that’s a subjective thing and being that you believe you speak for most retail traders ( which you don’t ) I really have no interest in your bestowing of titles here, or the titles themselves for that matter.

I thought you wanted to discuss the actual statistical flaws in the B/S model not what your perception of the market place is.

You live in Vegas? Remind me of another poster from a different board.

#28     Jul 24, 2007
  9. NoBoB

NoBoB

rotflmao :D

#29     Jul 28, 2007
  10. Who are these "some"? The pro traders?

You are the first "pro trader" i've come across who feels the need to continuously call themselves a pro trader. So ironic considering the rubbish you keep flaunting. I'd speak less rather than more if i were this obtuse.

#30     Jul 28, 2007