Which market moves most violently?

Discussion in 'Options' started by TimeCorrosion, Jul 20, 2007.

1. lar

lar

#2 Cotton has a tendancy to be frisky.

#11     Jul 23, 2007
  2. Do you guys know that the majority use the BS model wrong !

When looking at Options Premium, you need to look for Expensive Options, not Cheap Options.

Who can tell me why, and any real Options Trader will know the correct answer.

RPT

#12     Jul 23, 2007
  3. Tell me, tell me. I'm tired of being wrong...

#13     Jul 23, 2007
  4. ajna

ajna

#14     Jul 23, 2007
  5. ssblack

ssblack

USDNOK, USDSEK.

:)

#15     Jul 23, 2007
  6. OP,

If vols are what you're looking for, VIX options 30 day vols have been > 100 and implieds are normally around 60. Granted, VIX options are a different animal...

#16     Jul 23, 2007
  7. Thomson IFR

#17     Jul 23, 2007
  8. #18     Jul 23, 2007
  9. opt789

opt789

I was thinking the same thing. The odd posting times, questions instead of information, etc. I guess we will just have to wait for the post that options, in and of themselves, are not zero sum and how selling has an inherent edge.

#19     Jul 23, 2007
  10. And now we have some additional force fields and smoke screens, and funny how some of the nicks seem to be the same !

So, let me ponder this. I am someone else from another site called trade2win. I have posted here in the past, and now I am back to post some more.

Are you guys for real !

If any of you so called Elite Traders know anything about Options Trading, then you will know that what I say is 1000% correct in relation to the BS model.

As for a zero sum game, that is nothing but a load of rubbish. What matters in Options are the Odds. If you dont know how to play the Odds then you are on a slippery road to nowhere.

So, with that, would any of you now like to comment on why the BS model is flawed, and why traders who look for cheap Options, are, on the wrong track 1000%.

Do all of you actually think that information of value is going to be printed in books for the general public to read and suddenly start making money. Come on. This is not The Never Ending Story we are in, this is the hard fast real world of trading, and if you dont know what you are doing, then don't expect to ever make some big money.

If I do not get one Professional Trader to confirm my statement in relation to the BS model, then I am gone, for I am not here to teach you lot how to make some real money, I am here because a friend asked me to drop in and say a few words in relation to trading the markets, but I do not have the patience, or the time, to play little silly games with people who clearly demonstrate that they know nothing about what they speak.

This is a fair comment, after all, if one is clever enough to ask the right questions, who knows, maybe I will drop some more hints for you all, as to how it really works in the big bad world of trading.

RPT

#20     Jul 24, 2007